Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rocky2010 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Fired for being sick because
    I am 21 years old and I work(ed) full time at an assembly plant.
    Early this week I became ill, notified my employer, visited doctor, who in turn told me to stay home for 3-5 days before returning to work. Dr filled out a note for my employer.
    My employer called me at home 2 days ago, and informed me over the phone that I was fired over the fact that I did not call my work every day to report sick.
    Is there anything I can do to get my job back?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 01:09 PM

Was a daily call a requirement spelled out to you in an employee handbook or other document? Don't know where you are located but check the yellow pages for an EEOC office. US EEOC Home Page
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 9, 2010, 01:09 PM

You can appeal this to and though the HR department, Is there a workers manual or rule book, that states this

Is there another reason they may want to fire you, using this as an excuse

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting fired while on sick leave in Ireland [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Could someone advise if, in the republic of Ireland, an employee can be fired while on sick leave? Many thanks...

I am being fired for being sick [ 13 Answers ]

I have been at my job for nearly two years. I have suffered from stomach and bowel problems since 10/07. After missing a lot of work from this illness, ER visits, doctor visits, etc. I was finally diagnosed with intermittent bowel obstructions due to a large abdominal hernia. I went out on leave...

View more questions Search