Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KITKAT117 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2009, 10:05 AM
    Reversing in a parking lot
    I was parked in a small market parking lot, I was ready to leave when the trash collection truck drove in the truck pulled in behind me but with enough space for me to reverse and get it I started reversing and about half way behind the trash truck, the trash truck started reversing, I started to honk but I guess he did not hear me, he hit me at about the center of my truck, when the driver comes out, he asked why I wanted to park precisely there when there was other spaces, this comments led me to believe that he did not even notice I was already there when he pulled in anyway, is it my fault or his?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KITKAT117 View Post
    i was parked in a small market parking lot, i was ready to leave when the trash collection truck drove in the truck pulled in behind me but with enough space for me to reverse and get it i started reversing and about half way behind the trash truck, the trash truck started reversing, i started to honk but i guess he did not hear me, he hit me at about the center of my truck, when the driver comes out, he asked why i wanted to park precisely there when there was other spaces, this comments led me to believe that he did not even notice i was already there when he pulled in anyway, is it my fault or his?
    Did you call the police when this happened?

It can go any number of ways but I assume each insurance company is going to claim that their client wasn't at fault.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 05:47 AM

You should have waited for the trash truck to finish doing what it was there to do. There usually are big warning signs on the back of trash trucks stating that they back without warning. Most drivers of big trucks cannot see behind the vehicle due to their side mirrors have blind spots in them. You were in his blind spot. How could he possibly have seen you there behind him? You were at fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I hit one car in the parking lot when I am reversing my car [ 6 Answers ]

The other car got some scratches at bumper and tail light got damgaed only so my question is that does it affect my pubilc record and what type of point will I get,does it required any police report for claims?

Reversing valves [ 3 Answers ]

I need to solder a new RV and some tech told me there was some type of coating that you could spray on the reversing valve that will keep it from over heating and not destroying the valve during the heat process. Does anybody know what is used for that type of application?

Reversing valve not reversing [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman package heat pump model PHJ030-1A. I found a leak in the condenser coil, in the "U" shape joint. I made some checks, reversing valve coil: the resistance was 17. Something ohms, found 24 volts going to the coil, but didn't check for amps. O.K. Would low freon stop the reversing...

Reversing Fan Direction [ 2 Answers ]

On a Harbor Breeze ceiling fan (Lowes) with both pull chain and remote, how do I reverse blade direction if there is no rotation direction switch on the fan body? Does it have to be rewired?

Reversing Entries [ 7 Answers ]

I know reversing entries are used to keep from confusing and over/under estimating a certain account in the next period, but here's my question. Are reversing entries really necessary in your accounting period?; even though they are meant for reminders there are other ways of doing that without...

View more questions Search