Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 14, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Low fat cooking
    I bought a low fat / calorie cookbook because #1 I'd like to lose 10 lbs & #2 I want my family to eat healthy and I'm out of new food ideas.

The book contains recipes with each meal containing between 15 and 20 grams of fat and between 1500 and 2000 calories.

Is this really considered low fat or is it what you're suppose to have in a normal diet?

I don't think I eat that many fat grams and calories per meal as it is and I don't lose weight, I don't gain weight, it pretty much stays the same.

I'm wondering if I start eating these meals if I'll gain weight since they contain more fat and calories than I usually eat per meal.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AKaeTrue

The book contains recipes with each meal containing between 15 and 20 grams of fat and between 1500 and 2000 calories.
    How many people is the meal between? If it is just one I wouldn't say it was low fat or low calories! But if it is between four then it is.

Women are supposed to have on average 2000 calories a day men about 2500 but is does vary. I would say low fat is about 30 grams a day but the average amount for a normal diet is about 70 grams daily.

I don't know about kids this only refers to adults.
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Thank you for your response templelane.
    The meals have different serving amounts.
    I wasn't putting that into consideration:o
    I guess it's giving the total amount of the meal.
    LOL, I feel silly now...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooking without an oven [ 13 Answers ]

Your oven has died, but you have four burners on the stovetop and a microwave oven. What meat dish would you cook and how?

Why cooking is so hard? [ 15 Answers ]

I eager to be good at cooking, what should I do for that? I heard that man does not like to marry a woman who does now know how to cook, is that true? I do not know cook anything, and I am worried about that, cooking is so difficult for me!! :(

Principles of cooking [ 11 Answers ]

I want to start cooking (I will use a microwave). I will follow recipites but I also want to know why things happen, e.g.. What function does fat have in cooking (not talking about fat as the heating medium), what function does sugar have or eggs. Where do I find not just how to make a tasty dish...

Diabetic cooking [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I am a diabetic and am trying to cook healthy meals. Does anyone have any recipies for good vegetable dishes. I am trying not to use starchy vegetables. My Doctor said vegetables were free for me to eat so I can have more of them if they are not the starchy kind! Yumm...

Help withamerican cooking [ 7 Answers ]

I am a desperate ex pat.. now living in Florida and I have always used my british bero recipe book in England and always had great results. Now after living in the states for a year and a half , NONE of my cakes rise and my yorkshire puddings are a disaster. Is the flour different here... is the...

View more questions Search