Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chazsgang Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2005, 12:01 PM
    Painting furniture
    Hi Folks,

Is there anyone out there would could tell me how to create the paint wash effect on furniture.

What I mean is that it appears to be a very thin coat which is almost transparent and shows the grain of the wood.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Charllie
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

May 7, 2005, 10:43 PM
    There are kits made to do it, or at least used to be. I think it is called wood graining or antiqueing. If you can't find it in a hardware or home center, try a paint store or a hobby store.

I am not a skilled painter, but had good luck using a kit 30 years ago to restore a crib going back to the early 20'th century. It was bought for my mother in law. Served her, a brother, 2 sisters, my wife and her brothers, their cousins, my kids, and their cousins.

May 7, 2005, 11:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply labman.

Ill take a look down B&Q later and see what they have.

Thanks

Charllie
    MAcybervikki Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2005, 11:20 AM
    Pickling
    My father and I did a treatment on an ash table years ago for my first apartment. Looks great and I still have the table. It is called "pickling." I think you can get it at hardware stores, try a big one, like Home Depot. It's like a stain or wash. Good luck!

Jun 7, 2005, 02:46 PM
    Hi MAcybervikki,

Thanks for your reply and advice. I will have a look on the weekend and see what I can find.

Thanks

Charllie

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furniture companies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question about the top ten furniture companies in the USA. Does anyone know who are the top ten furnitute companies in the USA? Or does anyone know where I can find this information on the web? Thank you.

Making furniture look old [ 3 Answers ]

I want to paint my bedroom furniture white and make it looked aged but I bought stuff at wal-mart to make it look crackled and I made a mess. What can I do to achieve an aged look on my furniture?

Anchor furniture down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pool with a vinyl liner and would like to anchor the outdoor chairs and table furniture down. How do I do this on cement we get alt of wind and I do not want the furniture to blow into the pool with a vinyl liner?

Help me save my furniture! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do to prevent my 3 cats from clawing on my furniture? I have a wonderful pole that one cat uses but not the other 2. Any suggestions for me??

Top ten furniture factories [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question about the top ten furniture companies in the USA. Does anyone know who are the top ten furnitute companies in the USA? Or does anyone know where I can find this information on the web? Thank you.

View more questions Search