Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    need Boiler 101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Boiler Dripping heating Oil from directly under burner
    I have an oil burning boiler for hot water heating of home and for hot water usage. It is a New yorker S-97-AP. The burner model AFG UL AJ-737635 has developed a constant drip of about 3 tablespoons every 12 hours. This all happened after a service inspection of my furnace and an oil delivery. I've adjusted the volume of oil to the burner from 8 to 2 on the dial. It stopped the leak for a few days but it started back up again. I'm collecting the red heating oil in small Pyrex bowls and cleaning them out periodically. I've tightened nuts and bolts leading to the burner. I have a personal theory that the heating oil may be too thin for this time of year. The burner has specs calling for oil no heavier than 2 and Mazout to be used as a substitute. I think Mazout is what they call heating oil in France. Does anyone have a remedy out there? I've tried to be brief; the oil company caused me some water pressure problems as well which were much easier to remedy. Please Help. I have to leave my dogs home alone again. Thanks-Andy
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 12:38 PM
    Replace the oil pump. OR it could be drip back from the end of the burn tube. Call for service and get it fixed.
    need Boiler 101 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 09:31 AM
    Thanks Guys, the nozzle, electrodes and oil filter were serviced yesterday but the technician unfortunately couldn't keep his hands off the water valve. Neighbor will come by after work today to help me adjust the water pressure.
    darragh04 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 05:10 PM
    Cleaned boiler started boiler after 2 days use it started to produce heavy black smoke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Oil burning boiler deloped an oil drip. [ 1 Answers ]

My oil burning boiler developed a drip. I recently had my boiler inspected for rust on the exterior. A sticker on the unit housing was charred and the burning area seemed rusty. I had gone a year saving money by allowing the unit to run only when I needed a shower or wash something in warm. I saved...

Altering Oil Burner Transformer wiring for continuous run [ 1 Answers ]

On Monday I had the oil burner service man come in and fix a problem where the oil burner kept shutting down every 10 hours or so for 2 days. He cleaned the nozzle and the system worked fine. This morning Wednesday (2 days later) we received an oil delivery and after an hour or more we had no...

Oil furnace, Burner cuts out [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, my original post was over a noisy draft regulator. Since then I have determined the cause of the regulator banging was the burner going out. This only occurs for a fraction of a second, just little pulses. I changed my in-line fuel filter and my burner nozzle. When I remove the inspection cover...

Oil burner Blower cycling on and off [ 2 Answers ]

Just finished with a new second floor addition. Upgraded to two zone heating from single zone. When heat comes on after expected delay for temp to rise the blower comes on for fifteen seconds then kicks off and comes on again in about two or three minutes, and kicks off again in fifteen seconds, on...

Oil Burner Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The problem goes like this. Thermostat calls for heat, burner starts and runs for a minute or so and shuts off. After burner shuts off, the blower starts and the burner starts again until the thermostat reaches temp and the burner shuts off blower contiues to run until the low temp limit is...

View more questions Search