Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skatelacer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Sink of solid surface cracked
    Our sink that is part of a solid surface counter (not Corian, but similar) cracked.
    I didn't see or hear the crack happen, just noticed it. Any suggestions as to how we
    Can fix it without replacing the entire countertop?
    Nwptsailor Posts: 56, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2007, 06:36 AM
    To replace a solid surface sink will require a heavy duty router with a specific bit that , at once quides along the opening and reaches in below that point cutting in .
    In short it gets cut out with a router , so you can glue one back into the nice neat hole
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Feb 12, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Call whomever you purchased the countertop from, most sinks are warranteed for 10 years. This is not a do it yourself project. It takes a special router and bit, plus expertise to do this without damaging the countertop.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rust Stain in Solid Surface, Seamless Sink [ 5 Answers ]

I accidentially left an old cookie sheet in my new solid surface (Corian), seamless sink. The corners left rust stains that form 90 degree angles on both ends. I have the crème colored sink, so I haven't felt comfortable using bleach to remove the stain. Anyone have any suggestions for how to...

Rust Stain in Solid Surface, Seamless Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I accidentially left an old cookie sheet in my new solid surface (Corian), seamless sink. The corners left rust stains that form 90 degree angles on both ends. I have the crème colored sink, so I haven't felt comfortable using bleach to remove the stain. Anyone have any suggestions for how to...

Solid pvc connection [ 4 Answers ]

I think normally a 3" tee has about an inch and a quarter depth to join with the actual pipe, how much of that would be the minimum I can get away with and still have a good bond?

Solid surface repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Avonite top with a chip, 1/4" wide by 1/6" deep. I have the old > sink cut out for repair material and bought a new tube of the original > epoxy. Ideally, I am tiring to find a 3/8" tapered bit with a MATCHING > 3/8" tapered plug cutter. Is there such a thing out there? Where can I...

Solid Peer [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this site so I hope Iv'e clicked on to the right section, my problem every time I go on the net I am plagued by this pop up "Solid Peer" how do I stop it invading my computer? Thanks Nev Grant

View more questions Search