Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RUA_Lewis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 09:46 PM
    Accidentally cut through cold water pipe running through concrete slab
    I had a bloke core drill a hole through 200mm suspended concrete slab on body corporate space outside our bathroom. We intend to put a sewrage pipe out our wall and through the slab.

He hit a cold water pipe going through. Luckily it was for our flat, not our neighbours. Turned off our mains. Now what?
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2011, 11:48 PM

Do you have access to the pipe to repair, or you need to cut the slab?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2011, 02:55 AM
    Now you chip out as much concrete as needed to cut out a short section of copper and put in a new one.
    You may have to go to a plumbing supply for the couplings that don't have the stop ridge in the middle, or you'll be there all day sanding them out so you can slide them all the back.
    (I forget the name for them - we had this happen to us.)
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2011, 03:05 AM

Is the pipe copper or PVC? I guess copper, Thanks.

John
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2011, 03:12 AM

Hello Joypulv,

It is called PVC slip-coupling, or copper slip coupling, Thanks.

John
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2011, 03:27 AM
    Comment on afaroo's post
    Thanks, it slipped my mind!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

May 6, 2011, 05:32 AM

And you are right about the sanding thing. If you don't have one and need one, they are worth a hundred dollars. One of the world's great inventions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to look for in bad pipe when I cut into wall by Washer (no cold water comes out) [ 7 Answers ]

I have cold water coming into the sink next to the washer but no cold water comes into the pipe that fills the washer. So I am going to cut the drywall to check the pipes and look for instructions. They are pvc. Obv iously there is a blockage there. I get plenty of hot water in the hot water pipe. ...

New slab concrete, cut or replace [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im looking for some advice, A car hit my home recently and it broke the cinder block in the basement, well this summer I had a new concrete patio poured, 1 slab. Well now to fix the foundation they have to remove part of the slab, they want to cut where the lines are in the concrete and just...

Moving kitchen sink cut up the slab floor cani pour concrete on top [ 7 Answers ]

I am moving my kitchen sink from one side of the kitchen to the other I located the 3" discharge line which is about 5' from my new sink. I have cut the concrete and i am about put a 3 x 3 x 2 tee and then run my 2" line along and up under the sink to the p trap with a 90. ( I hope this is correct)...

Breaking out concrete to get to pipe under slab [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to break out a 4" concrete slab so I reroute my shower drain? Doug

Installing Waste Pipe in a Concrete Slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am extending my shed and adding an outside Bathroom, with a toilet, shower and basin. The flooe will be poured concrete. My questions are 1. Do I need to cover the Pipe before I pour the concrete 2. What drop / sloop needs to be in the waste pipe 3. How far should the waste pipes be below the...

View more questions Search