Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SATISHBHANDARE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2006, 02:02 AM
    Setting up Mesh network to cover 5 km radius
    Hi all,

I wish to setup a mesh Wi-fi network, to cover a area of about 5 sq km. I have about 150 clients who will be connecting to this mesh network.

Any solution for this?
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Dec 4, 2006, 05:22 AM
    The answer varies greatly depending on your circumstances. This 5KM area what it is exactly? Is it a campus environment? If so do you have access and sole wireless responsibility for this campus? Is it open space? Are there buildings inside this area that don't belong to you?

If you can describe the environment in as much detail that will help. Keep in mind that your question is typically answered by a team of wireless professionals that conduct a wireless survey for thousands of dollars typically so any answer that you get here will also be a very rough advice but hopefully can guide you in the right direction.

Casey
    balaiahkummara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SATISHBHANDARE View Post
    Hi all,

I wish to setup a mesh Wi-fi network, to cover a area of about 5 sq km. I have about 150 clients who will be connecting to this mesh network.

Any solution for this?
    This is very easy but required a CPE (customer premises equipment)casting about 2 to 3 k
    Every client have to pay 3 thousand on first setup

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Constructing a mesh from points [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, This is my problem: I have a set of point (x,y,z). They represents a surface. Now I want to use TriangleList to render them, so the problem is to find out which triple of point forms a Triangle. Is there any algorithm for that or any suggestion about keyword so that I can search them...

How do I finish my drywall w/ mesh tape? [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a bunch of all-purpose,lightweight joint compound and some fiberglass mesh tape to finish my drywalls. Now, I've only been able to find how to use the regular tape with finishing drywall. How the HECK do I finish the drywall w/ mesh tape? Yes, I'm a complete newbie Appreciate any...

Setting up an Internet Lan wireless Network [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to get wireless internet for my house and I am totally clueless so I hope you guys could help me out here. Firstly I want to share my internet between like 3-4 computers (2 desktop, 2 laptop) through a wireless router. I also hope able to connect all of them through a lan network...

Secure wireless network setting [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a wirless router and sharing the internet connection between the desktop and laptop, how to set up the secure network on the wireless router to prevent the unauthorized user to logon to my wireless network to shared the internet connection... pls help.

View more questions Search