Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teulu07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2010, 09:21 AM
    Toilet tank slurping noise
    After you flush my toilet in the tank it makes a slurping noise.. like when you slurp up the last bit of your drink with your straw. The water level is lower in the slurping tank, but I am not sure what is causing the tank to no fill up. If we put more water in the tank by hand the slurping stops.
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jan 30, 2010, 04:01 PM

If you replace the "flapper" valve in your tank the system should work more efficiently without the "slurping" sound and the necessisity for adding water to the tank.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 30, 2010, 05:17 PM
    Which ballcock is yours?(see images)
    Attached Images

afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2010, 07:49 PM

First respond Tom and we will go from there, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank has new ballcock assembly, 2 months later makes hissing noise [ 7 Answers ]

Two months ago my toilet suddenly stopped flushing. I replaced the old ballcock and float assemply and water fill tube and it worked fine. Two months later it now makes a hissing noise that started today. I checked the flapper, it's OK, I checked the fill line, it's OK. There is not any water...

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Toilet makes loud noise and spews water from inside tank [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My toilet has been making a loud noise for a long time now - When its flushed, it sounds like a crazy hyenna sound. This sounds lasts for about ten seconds, quite a long time really. When I take the lid off the tank, it spews a single stream of water at me. So, I assume some sort of valve is...

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet tank noise [ 1 Answers ]

When I flush and the water comes into the tank to refill it is really noisey and air is throwing water at me.

View more questions Search