Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyt9248 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 07:51 PM
    Concrete mix in the basement floor drains
    I found out I have some concrete mix in the basement floor drains, and the basement floor drains clogged twice in the past year. How do I remove these concrete mix from the drains?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 27, 2006, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tyt9248
    I found out I have some concrete mix in the basement floor drains, and the basement floor drains clogged twice in the past year. How do I remove these concrete mix from the drains?
    Using a chisel might damage or punch a hole through the floor drain.
    Acid is dangerous to your health. Try this; http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=4
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pouring concrete over new basement drains [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, After taking up the concrete and relocating the plumbing in my basement bathroom, I am ready to pour new cement. I have a 2" pipe for the shower drain and a 3" for the toilet. Do I cement right up against the pipes or do I need some type of wrapper around the pipe? I sure don't want to...

Bathroom sink drains through floor not wall [ 9 Answers ]

Hello First, let me say this a great forum. I just found it and registered. I want to put in a Kohler Cimmaron pedestal sink in my bathroom. The only difficulty is that the existing drain goes through the concrete floor rather than curving into the wall. And, it is about three inches off...

Best concrete to use to level floor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I covered a concrete patio and am now is used as a sunroom. The room is 10' by 10' and slopes 2". I would prefer to have a level floor. I see there are self leveling products but I don't think that is necessary as I can trowel concrete no problem. Is it OK to us basic concrete without...

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

Washer Drains, floor drain overflow [ 7 Answers ]

First of all, I don't have much knowledge about plumbing, but am eager to learn and tackle it myself before I have the pros come in. Here's my problem. When I first bought the house, the washer will drain, and I will see some soap bubbles coming up from the floor drain. I always thought that I...

View more questions Search