Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rouse1984 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2009, 01:35 PM
    roof truss
    I am building a gambrel storage sheld 12x16 sheld I need to know how wide of a truss will I need, and how can I build my own, what kind of a angle do I need to cut for the peck of the truss, what degree does it have to be and how much of a hangover, do I need a hangover?

give me some info on building a 12 foot wide wood truss and the angles I will need to cut
    the angle at the peck and the bottom of truss, and how long does each rafter half to be on each side, I won't a 6ft pitch,

thanks
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 08:21 PM

Lay this put on the ground. The overhang is determined by how long the tail is on the truss.The upper section of a Gambrel roof has a 30-degree angle, the lower section of the roof has a 60 degree angle. This is generic and can change for more width in head room

Miter cut 2by6 and lay it out on the ground. Use 1/2" ply for a "Gusset" where the miters meet. One on each side screwed or nailed. Set truss at 16" oc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truss materials [ 7 Answers ]

Is poplar a suitable wood for trusses? (Pole barn, 5 ft spacing,7 inch top and bottom cords.. air dried to under 10%)

Understanding roof truss diagrams. [ 17 Answers ]

Hello - I am in the process of investigating expanding a room by taking some space out of my garage. This entails moving a wall about 2.5 feet into the garage to gain this space in a mud/laundry room. Above the room is attic space (which is easily accessable). My concern is that the current...

Convert Truss Roof over garage into 'Stick' to use space [ 3 Answers ]

I have a garage with a truss roof (pre-built trusses) and I want to use the space by converting the trusses into 'stick' built. Is this possible? Where could I get info on supporting the roof with Headers to enlarge the space?

Move Truss [ 4 Answers ]

Can a floor truss be adjusted/moved (in basement) to center a shower drain (on 1st floor)?

View more questions Search