Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylor123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 06:22 AM
    Glass shower door slips
    We have a frameless glass enclosure for our shower. It is constructed with 2 side panels fixed with silicone caulk on top, bottom and side and a door that has hinges inserted into u-shaped cutouts. There are inserts that sit between the hinge and the glass that are a clear flexible plastic-like material. Over time, (maybe twice per year) the door begins to slip until the bottom corner hits the side panel. Then we must dismantle it and re-align everything. The edges are beginning to chip. Any ideas to make this secure?
    Thanks,

Taylor
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Sep 3, 2006, 05:24 PM
    Do you know who the manufacture of this door is? You may want to contact them to see if they have a products that you can retro-fit to the door.
    If your having this problem it is safe to say its also happening to other shower doors by this manufacture.
    sepi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2007, 07:24 PM
    [QUOTE=taylor123]We have a frameless glass enclosure for our shower. It is constructed with 2 side panels fixed with silicone caulk on top, bottom and side and a door that has hinges inserted into u-shaped cutouts. There are inserts that sit between the hinge and the glass that are a clear flexible plastic-like material. Over time, (maybe twice per year) the door begins to slip until the bottom corner hits the side panel. Then we must dismantle it and re-align everything. The edges are beginning to chip. Any ideas to make this secure?
    Thanks,

Hi there, I just came across your message, and I would like to let you know that any frameless shower enclosure needs monthly maintenance. Basically all you have to do is tighten the screws on the hinges. The glass door slipping has nothing to do with the way the panel was installed. Over time, the screws on the hinges slightly giv in, this can be prevented by regular maintenance.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Oct 5, 2007, 07:29 PM
    If the hinge as screws that hold this where it needs to be try and use locktite on the threads, use the blue color if you do. This will keep the screws or allen screws from losing up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lubricate Sliding Glass Door [ 6 Answers ]

Our sliding glass door to the backyard has become more difficult to open and I'm wondering what can be done, if some type of lubricant is supposed to be used or does it need some repair to the metal track or the door itself. Any suggestions/resources are appreciated.

Glass shower door installation problem [ 7 Answers ]

My contractor put in an entire new shower for me, including the walls, fixtures, tile, etc. There is a glass shower door between two tiled half walls (and then glass going from the half walls on up). The glass is frameless except for where the glass meets the tops of the half walls. When the...

Building new shower with glass block [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to build a new 36' x 48" shower with glassblock on 1 1/2 sides, no shower door and tile on the other 2 walls. My question is: Is it best to buy a premade shower pan that is strong enough to hold the weight of the glass block on the caps or build my own? If prefab, any recommendations;...

Re-route vent below window to install sliding glass door [ 1 Answers ]

I want to install a sliding glass door off the back of my house. It would be best to put it where I currently have a window. Only one problem, there is a vent centered directly below the window. Correct me if I am wrong, I have two options 1.) Move the vent off to the side of the sliding...

Glass Block Shower [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to install a glass block shower in my bathroom. I am going to (hopefully) attach the Door directly to the glass block. My understanding is that I put anchors in the morter joints to hold the door. My question is about finishing. How would I finish the block around the door? It...

View more questions Search