Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsi Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jul 17, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Smiliar issue. Similar answers?
    History. Loaned 1500 to a friend's friend for bail. Stupidly checked box for them to use money for court expenses if need be. Court day came and I wasn't able to make it and my money was used for the tickets etc... Now I want my money back and the person refuses to pay me. Question is do I serve both of them or just real borrower? I have nothing written down and only have the court papers for the case in which my money was used.

Any help/advice would be gratly appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2006, 01:21 PM
    When you say "both of them" are you speaking of the friend and the borrower?

If so, then the friend has nothing to do with it. Only who got the money needs named in the suit.

You may, though, name your friend as a witness.

Jul 17, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    When you say "both of them" are you speaking of the friend and the borrower?

If so, then the friend has nothing to do with it. Only who got the money needs named in the suit.

You may, though, name your friend as a witness.
    I see. I will bring him as a witness. So what are my chances with this? I have a bad vibe that tells me the person may lie in court.

I am looking for a lawyer now so I can at least send the person a letter of intent. Then it's off to court. If I don't have the address of the person how do I get it. I have one online but am not sure if it's correct.

Thanks again
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 02:06 PM
    If your friend will be on your side, you will probably win.

That is your friend who got you to loan the money to their friend.

And bring any and all proof that you have with you to court.

Jul 17, 2006, 02:13 PM
    Yea, I believe I will win without a problem. The additional issue is getting paid after I win. I will need to garnish wages or something similar. Is this done at the same time I file the papers for this case?

Thanks again.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2006, 11:40 PM
    No it is not.

You can not garnish their wages until you get a judgment.

i.e. you need to win your case first.

While you know you will probably win, you have not yet.

Jul 18, 2006, 08:23 AM
    I see so after I hopefully win, can I file the papers there the same day? Thanks, I will also ask these question when I go file.

Today's update. Address has been confirmed. Ball rolling...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Similar games [ 1 Answers ]

Hi the best game I have played r, THE GREAT ESCAPE, THIEF. Please help me with similar game titles which has stealthy operations.

Looking for Answers [ 3 Answers ]

For the past several years I have been experiencing erectile disfunction. The degree of this problem varies. Lately I tried 2 different herbal remedies that I bought online. The first one worked for about 2 weeks then the effects stopped. The second one worked for about 2 weeks and then also...

Need advice from people who've had similar experience with death and depression. [ 3 Answers ]

I'm just writing this to 1) get some good advice about living in general and 2) getting these things off my chest. I'm 22 and my dad passed away about 6 months ago. I'm dealing with it fairly well but I'm finding that I'm having a lot of trouble enjoying life anymore. After his death I slowly...

View more questions Search