Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rthoo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
    Concrete shower floor
    I would like to know if a concrete shower floor is suitable. I hear it is not recommended even if it's sealed as it would erode in time.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 12, 2006, 04:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rthoo
    I would like to know if a concrete shower floor is suitable. I hear it is not recommended even if it's sealed as it would erode in time.
    In our home up North we had a basement shower mounted over a floor drain set in cement that was sloped. No problems whatsoever in over 20 years. I'll take a cement shower floor over a plastic or fiberglass one any day of the week.
    Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast iron shower drain in concrete floor-replacement [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first post here and I'd appreciate any help you can provide. I have a tiled shower on a concrete slab. The drain is cast iron... sort of a bowl-shaped 3" dia. opening with a lead seal to a 2"-2 1/4" cast iron pipe. In removing the old "Premier" pull-up drain stopper, the brass...

Best concrete to use to level floor? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I covered a concrete patio and am now is used as a sunroom. The room is 10' by 10' and slopes 2". I would prefer to have a level floor. I see there are self leveling products but I don't think that is necessary as I can trowel concrete no problem. Is it OK to us basic concrete without...

Waste pipe in concrete floor [ 6 Answers ]

I have a new home that we have a spare bathroom that was rouged in. The home is slab construction with no basement due to the geology/hydrology in our area. The question I have is this: I have a waste pipe for a future toilet sticking up out of the floor. It looks like it's made of lead. Is...

Raising a floor drain in concrete floor [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old concrete floor with a newer pvc type drain. The floor slopes about 1.5" over 2' around the drain so I would like to raise the drain in order to level the floor to install ceramic tiles. I'm still going to ensure the floor slopes toward the drain just enough. I figure I need to...

Concrete Shower Base [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to replace what was an all plastic shower stall located in my basement with a more substantial structure. All of the plumbing is in place but as part of my project I have studded out one wall so that I could re-route the hot and cold water lines inside the new wall. Because of this...

View more questions Search