Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    InquiringMind08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Difference between concrete block and cinder block
    What is the difference between concrete block and cinder block when used in a home's foundation? What makes cinder block less desirable?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 5, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Its all a mtter of what materials are used to make the block. Aggregate volume increases concrete blocks strength. Here is a quick rea. Concrete masonry unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cut doorway through cinder block [ 7 Answers ]

What is the proper procedure to cut a doorway through cinder block? The cinder block wall is an interior wall that I want to access through from one room to another? It is not a weight bearing wall.

Is it Cinder Block Mold [ 1 Answers ]

A small room in the basement houses the furnace, electric water heater, water well pump and a crock in the floor with water which is pumped out a couple times daily. This room has been a bit humid as the rest of the basement. Black areas have appeared on the cinder block walls. With a finder wipe...

Covering cinder block [ 7 Answers ]

Our family is relocating and we're looking at buying a house with block foundation, conventional frame, vinyl siding and a Basement. The concern I have (only viewed it on-line) is the walkout basement is exposed cinder block. Is it possible to put vinyl siding on cinder block (home was built in...

Mold on outside cinder block wall [ 2 Answers ]

I have black mold growing on my outside cinder block wall sourendering my back yard. I live in Las Vegas so the climate is dry but watering the lawns is causing the mold to grow since we have to water in the evenings so the water does evaporate so fast due to the hot climate. How do I remove this...

View more questions Search