Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruhi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2006, 04:49 PM
    Take a shower to clean kitchen floor?
    Hi,

When I take a shower, there is water dripping from the ceiling. Not a gush but a steady trickle. I have gone through the typical diagnostic procedures and found the source of problems is the taps and not the drain,the tub or the caulking around tub or adjacent walls. Only when I turn on taps does leaking occur.

Now what? I have 2 taps for hot and cold, I think they are compression type, and they are surrounded by typical ceramic tiles while the other side of wall is drywall. If I replace the faucets will that be enough? Or is the problem the supply pipes in the wall which means I will have to break the tiles and or drywall on the other side.

How do I find out where exactly the pbobleme is? Is there some kind of other test I can do to locate it?

I have no plumbing experience but have read a little and really want to learn more.

If anyone has any advice for this situation I would appreciate the help.

Thanks Ruhi:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 22, 2006, 05:30 PM
    Hi Ruhi,
    Your supplies are fine. If you had a pressuire leak you'd have a flood downstairs. You have done much more then the average guy that has a problem like yours. Ya got my attention girl! You have worked through the hardest part and that's finding the source of the leak. Congratulations! \But I need you to "tweek" it a little finer for me. It would be a great help to me if the next time you took a bath instead of a shower. That would refine the source down considerably. If no water leaked durning a bath it would pip-point the trouble in the shower raiser and fittings. Do that and get back to me with the results. As I said, once you know what's wrong then fixing it's a snap. From where I'm setting it doesn't look like you'll have to replace the faucet or tear out any tiles. Do you have a access hole behind the tub? If not,chances are one will have to be cut in. Regards, Tom PS. Here's a little something to take into the tub with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower drain and floor [ 1 Answers ]

We are getting our shower floor and drain replaced, and have a problem with the installation. The plumber installed a new drain, but the person who was going to lay the mud floor, said that the drain was not secured. The plumber says that the liner can be cut, the drain secured, and a patch put...

Concrete shower floor [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if a concrete shower floor is suitable. I hear it is not recommended even if it's sealed as it would erode in time.

Shower floor [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a pre-fab shower with a larger, all ceramic tile shower. I know the flooer must be sloped toward the centre drain before tiling. My question is; what material should be used to make the slope before installing the membrane. Motar or thinset? Please let me know. Thanks Randy395

2nd Floor Shower Trap [ 1 Answers ]

I found this message on this forum https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=4331&highlight=RUNNING+SHOWER+TRAP I have the same issue I need to trap a 2nd floor shower (floor joists 2x8) so I want to know if I can do this thing called the running "U" trap and how I build one. I want to run...

View more questions Search