Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samantha99 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Changing grout
    I don't like the color of the grout on my bathroom floors. The grout line is 1/4" wide. If I were to have it changed to a different color from dark grey to white: (1) would the grey still show through (2) would it mean that some of the tiles may break (I don't have any more of those tiles) (3) how difficult is it (4) how much can I expect to pay (5) would you recommend it? Thanks.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
    They make a paint for grout but you'll have to go to a tile store to get it. You paint it on the grout lines and that's it. Let it dry and your done. They also make grout stains but you only change the color slightly, as for regrouting, the grout want be think enough to stay together and will just rub off, and the other color will show through

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removal of old grout [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anything that you can put on old grout to loosen it so you can take it out easier?

Removal of old grout [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way to remove old grout from tile?

Caulk or grout [ 1 Answers ]

I just set 50 large tiles (8" X 10") above the installed fiberglass shower/tub unit/ THese tiles run along the top of the shower up to the ceiling, then along the sides in front to the floor. I had planned on grouting the tiles, with a color gout that would go well. I found a DAP product, tile...

Changing the outside unit vs. Changing the whole system [ 7 Answers ]

My outside unit leaks Freon and needs to be replaced. The system is about 9-10 years old. Initially, the contractor gave me a $2500 estimate to change the outside unit to a new Trane XR14. When the written estimate came, it included changing the coil and fan package inside (it's a ceiling unit)...

Grout vs cement [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm tiling the floor of my front entryway/vestibule, and in the lay-out I have designed, have a 2" tile border with a 1/2 inch space on either side running around the perimeter of the 4' square space (larger 6" tiles are fill the centre of the space with 1/4" spacers). I wanted to know...

View more questions Search