Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amy hines Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 01:47 PM
    My shower stall has a three inch busted place on the strip that secures it to the 2x4
    I am having a home built and my foreman said that it is common to have the strip that you use to secure the shower stall to the wall break off and that there are no future consequences. It is screwed in and flush, there is just a three inch piece busted off. It worries me that water could get under that and cause damage. Is my forman right or should I stop him in his tracks?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 29, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Sounds like the foreman is absolutely correct. I think you are referring to the nailing flange... this can snap off in small sections without any concern... AS LONG AS IT DID NOT CAUSE A CRACK THAT GOES INTO THE UNIT ITSELF! You should be all set as long as no crack and the rest of the unit is screwed/nailed properly.

If this answer helped, please RATE the answer below. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need 46 inch wide shower [ 7 Answers ]

I need to replace one of my one-piece, fiberglass showers. It is 46" wide, 34 " deep. Does anyone know where I can find a 46 inch wide shower? All of the units on the market seem to be either 36", 48" or 60". Thanks for your help!

Installing new marble strip in shower stall [ 1 Answers ]

I am redoing my bathroom walk in shower stall. I have ordered a piece of marble that will butt up against the existing marble. I am adding this piece of tile to extend my shower stall by 6 inches. I need help on what is the best way to mount this piece of marble tile. 1. Can I mount it right to...

Looking for 30 inch square stall shower [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a plumbing supply house where I can buy a 30 inch square stall shower with removable walls to replace one installed in 1970? Thank you. hshields

Shower stall need height of controls and shower head [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Am building a shower and require the height of the taps and the shower head

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

View more questions Search