Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sciara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Loud banging heat pipes
    Hello - Maybe someone out there can shed some light on my problem. I recently had heat installed in my basement. It runs across the basement ceiling (above drywall) and behind sheetrock walls between studs. When the heat turns on you can hear a trickling of the water running through the pipes, then a fast banging sound - soon, the banging gets slower then eventually stops. The banging sound only seems to be behind the wall. Any suggestions?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
    Bleed the air out of the system. Then make sure your system is set at the correct pressure.

((I recently had heat installed in my basement))

The company that did this work should have installed bleeders and bled the system for you. You might call them back and have it fixed like it should be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud banging from baseboard hot water heating system [ 6 Answers ]

I have been living in a home for 10 years with baseboard hot water gas heating system that has since day one given me headaches with a loud banging when the system is running. I recently installed a Hydronic gas boiler and accompanying European style slim radiators to the home to provide more even...

Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen. [ 4 Answers ]

HI, Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen.I am returnign to a property that was a rental property. My home was built in the late 70's. No plumbing has ever been changed to my knowledge. When I turn the dishwasher on or the hot water on the kitchen sink the floor...

Loud Banging noise from pipes [ 4 Answers ]

I bought a basement condo a year ago and my neighbors heat pipes goes through my bedroom. Since the day I moved in his furnace has been making clicking and loud banging noises. Last year, we have had a couple of plumbers come in and they have bled the pipes and said that should take care of it....

Loud banging upon turning off baseboard hot water system [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - we have baseboard hot water heat. When we go to bed at night we turn down the temperature on the thermostat, so the system shuts off for a bit as it cools down. After a few minutes we start to hear very loud banging or breakng noises coming from mostly one room of the house (our bedroom). ...

View more questions Search