Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laquintaardmore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Repairing exterior door frame only
    We had a customer use force to try and open a locked exterior door and broke the frame. The maintenance man did not know how to fix this and took a section of the frame off to repair, and now cannot get it put back together.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Dec 13, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Probably just broke the jamb, remove what's left of the casing, use glue on the back side of the damaged piece once it is back in place use some hand drive finish nails 8penny or bigger if possible, sand the crack and fill, prime and paint, you said the piece didn't fit back, there may be a screw or nails that's still in beaded the wood, but if it came off it will go back on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New door and jamb? EXTERIOR [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1920"s stucco home. They still have I believe, possibly the original doors. My wife wants new doors,so do I. I want to attempt to buy replacement doors with jams attached. I didn't remove anything yet,but measured jam thickness of old doors. It is larger then doors at Home Depot. ...

Paint exterior door [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently painted my exterior door which is a metal plate on a wooden door. Before painting, I striped the old paint, sanded, cleaned, and primed the door. I then used a brush to apply a good latex exterior paint. When the paint dried it looks like it had "water spots" all over the door. ...

Door Frame on Concrete Block [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old house and my walk-in door to my garage had, yes had a Pine 2X8 non-treated rough opening on concrete block. Rough opening and wood door frame has rotted. I have obtained a Vinyl door frame kit and I am wondering the correct procedure to install the new Treated Wood rough opening...

Can I repair the bottom inch of 4 panel door frame? [ 3 Answers ]

I was given a prehung door unit. Two 24" framed glass doors meeting in the center with a 24" fixed glass door panel on each side. A total of 8 foot wide for use in my backyard office. The doors are excellent. But looking at the pre-hung part, the bottom plate and 1/2 - 1 inch of the door frame is...

View more questions Search