Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonics_20 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2007, 04:17 PM
    How do you get tons of gravel to yards
    I need to know how much yards of gravel I need for a project. How can a figure out how much a ton a gravel is to yards?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2007, 05:57 PM
    Unless this is a test, you may not need to know tons?
    A Yard is a Cubic Yard of Material 3' X 3' X 3'.
    I would measure length, width, and how deep you want, and multply in inches.
    That will give cubic inches.
    Then,I would multiply 36X36X36, That will give you cubic inches for 1 cubic yard.
    How ever may times the cubic inches in one yard goes into your first area in cubic inches.
    I am in Electrical and electronics. Someone who does this for a living may have a shortcut.
    Good Luck. I would call where they sell stone. Weight can change by size and type of stone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many tons of pea gravel... [ 6 Answers ]

do you need to fill a 30x35 area to a depth of 7 inches? And 9 inches? Or how would I figure it out?

Tons vs. Yards [ 4 Answers ]

How many tons r in a yard or vice versa

Tons vs yards [ 7 Answers ]

What is the tons vs yards conversion We are weighing dirt and shell that is being trucked out Do you know both conversions? If so can you fill me in?

How much gravel do I need? [ 1 Answers ]

I just had a new patio poured in back of the house and I am surrounding it with 1 1/2 in river rock. I have an area approximately 24 x 15, and I would like it to be about 4 in deep. How many tons of rock should I order?

1000 yards [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know who the last white running back in the NFL to rush for 1000 yards in a year was?

View more questions Search