Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    larrys1835 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2007, 04:20 AM
    Pole barn and garage
    I am getting a modular home in jan and it has 200 amp breaker box my question is Can I run 100 amp service to the garage and 100 amp service to the pole barn out of that breaker box on two different 100 amp breakers or do I need to come right off the meter. There is plenty of room on that box as far as more breakers going in. House has gas heat gas water heat gas stove. Right now about all that's in garage is 220 pressure washer and lights and plug ins. I am just putting this property together and want it right some day I might need that in the out buildings. Also the wire from the pole barn is to short to reach around to back of house can I splice it and bury it, it is buriable wire. Don't know if it can be spliced.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2007, 04:51 PM
    These feeders should be connected at the main panel preferably. They can only go at the meter if they would be downstream of a 200 amp main breaker there.

Most any wire can be spliced. Underground splices require special attention as they are easily damaged or problematic. Avoid UG splices if at all possible.

If absolutely necessary, let us know and we can provide the details.

Be sure to use all 4 wire cable to feed any subpanels. Look back at previous posts for special connections of neutral and grounding of subpanels.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Romex in a pole barn [ 1 Answers ]

Is it OK to run all of my nm cables (homeruns) through a large condiut to the panel rather than individual sleeves for each circuit? In a Pole Barn. No animals

Garage Support pole/beam [ 2 Answers ]

We currently have a support pole in the middle of our garage which quite often gets in the way. We were wondering if there is a way to replace this pole with a cross beam or something to provide support to the ceiling above and allow for the removal of this pole.

New pole garage needs wiring [ 1 Answers ]

We have just had a new garage (30x36)built and we would like to run the electrical wire ourselves. We plan on having a bathroom and all the other normal garage stuff, heater hanging from the ceiling, compressor, security cameras and a washer and dryer in bathroom. We have a couple questions...

Pole Barn Foundation [ 4 Answers ]

I have had a 40' x 60' pole parn with 6"x6" treadted poles. I am planning on pouring a concrete slab. I live in South Alabama where freezing is short lived and rarely below 26 if then. People do not usually use rock under the slab here. I was wondering how much footing if any I need between the...

Electric in new pole barn? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, We have just built a new pole barn and would like to add electric in the pole barn. We will be upgrading our current 200 amp service to a 320 amp service and would like to put a 100 amp breaker box in the pole barn. The meter base is 140' from the new pole barn. Can we bury URD wire,...

View more questions Search