Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwright Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 02:16 AM
    New Home construction Fresh air
    My son I sbuilding a new home and the contractor is not planning on installing a fresh air system. I am concerned about this since my son has allergies. Shouldn't a fresh air system be installed either in the HVAC or as a stand alone
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 21, 2006, 02:52 AM
    Well if the contractor isn't planning on it, tell him that one is needed, its your decision what does into the house.. well your son's decision but you get me
    Just tell him and its not like the contractor will say no is it?
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2006, 03:10 PM
    Are you talking of an ERV? If so they intoduce fresh outside air, which is much healthier than most indoor air, and these units have there own filtration.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fresh Air Intake [ 2 Answers ]

I recently installed a wall mounted exhaust fan (about 260 cfm) in a 2 car garage in Arizona (20x20x10high). I run this fan periodically to remove exhaust fumes and to suck out hot air. My garage is fairly tight as far as the seals are concerned and I've determined that I need a fresh air vent in...

Multiple Fresh air returns, high and low ones. [ 5 Answers ]

Each bed room in my house has heating vents on floor, 2 rooms have 2 and 2 rooms have 2, but each room has return air vents , 2 each in each room, one off the floor about a foot and the other about a foot off the ceiling. I notice when painting and removing that someone had taped certain ones...

How do I check air flow between freezer and fresh food side? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5-year old side-by-side Maytag refrigerator, model MSD2756GES. My situation: Freezer side is cold. Compressor runs (it's hot). Condenser fan and evaporator fan run. No frost or snow in the back of the freezer. Coils on freezer side not frosted over. Fresh food side is not cold...

Are fresh air returns needed in a home system? [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing my old existing AC/heating unit and my contractor recommended not putting in a fresh air return in the system. My impression is that one is needed. Our house was built in '64 and is not air tight. I want to insure we do not have a sick house syndrome. Any educated information would...

Fresh Air Switch [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We recently bought a home with a Coleman Evcon electric furnce. It seems to run fine, but we noticed there is a switch labeled fresh air that is off. I am not sure what this switch is for & I do not have an owners manual for the furnce. Can anyone tell me what the switch is for & what it...

View more questions Search