Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shabih Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Guide for Home or Building Construction
    Dear All:
    I need a complete guide or procedures for how to construc a building or house, i.e. from scratch till the end. By procedures I mean all the activities involved in it should be described in a synchronized manner.

Please Help me.;)
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jul 18, 2007, 02:49 PM
    I suggest you read the following book...

Building Your Own Home For Dummies
    By Kevin Daum, Janice Brewster, Peter Economy

No insult intended... it's a good place to start and it's easy to read and understand.

Have fun... if you plan to act as your own "general contractor" be ready for a LOT of work!

Jul 19, 2007, 12:28 AM
    Well I don't have this book and where can I get it, do you have a copy of it and can you send me ,
    Thanks,
    Kstar4u Posts: 255, Reputation: 22

Jul 19, 2007, 02:14 PM
    The book - "Building Your Own Home - For Dummies" is available at most large bookstores, on the internet (Amazon.com, etc.) and at the library. It costs about $15.00 - $25.00, depending on where you buy it. Amazon.com's price is about $13.50 plus shipping.

I don't have a copy of it or I would send it to you. The one I read was from the library. I was interested in seeing how accurate their "processes" were (I've been a builder for quite a while) and I was impressed by the interest that the authors had in pointing potential home builders the right way and warning them of the common problems that one encounters on a project that size. It covers a pretty broad based perspective that can be applied (in general terms) to most areas in the United States.

Good Luck

Jul 21, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstar4u
    The book - "Building Your Own Home - For Dummies" is available at most large bookstores, on the internet (Amazon.com, etc.) and at the library. It costs about $15.00 - $25.00, depending on where you buy it. Amazon.com's price is about $13.50 plus shipping.

I don't have a copy of it or I would send it to you. The one I read was from the library. I was interested in seeing how accurate their "processes" were (I've been a builder for quite a while) and I was impressed by the interest that the authors had in pointing potential home builders the right way and warning them of the common problems that one encounters on a project that size. It covers a pretty broad based perspective that can be applied (in general terms) to most areas in the United States.

Good Luck
    Thanks man I shall find it out.

Jul 21, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Thanks man I shall check it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise upstairs in home - Builder, construction [ 2 Answers ]

I live ina 1984 track home in CT that is not very well built. It is 2000 sq foot raised ranch with one bedroom down and 3 up, along with kitchen, lr and dr. The noise level from downstairs is horrible. I can hear normal walking around and when someone is actually doing anything more than just...

I need a how to guide [ 5 Answers ]

Me and this great guy just started dating, but I'm his first girlfriend and I haven't had very many boyfriends so were both kind of noobs at the whole deal. Im just wondering How to french kiss, considering neither of us have experience.

Breaking a Lease due to a murder in building and purchasing new home [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site. I live in the state of NC. We were debating on moving out of our apartment and making an offer on our house. On Sunday we had a murder in our apartment in broad daylight about 300 yds from our apt. There was a suicide about 2 months ago. After the murder we...

New Home construction Fresh air [ 2 Answers ]

My son I sbuilding a new home and the contractor is not planning on installing a fresh air system. I am concerned about this since my son has allergies. Shouldn't a fresh air system be installed either in the HVAC or as a stand alone

View more questions Search