Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ngw66203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Ceiling Insulation
    Is it possible to safely add insulation and "create" a raw wood look with laminate planks to a vaulted ceiling?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 18, 2008, 05:00 PM
    This can be done but you need to see how the old insulation and vapor barrier were installed. You do not want to get insulation trapped between two vapor barriers. To be 100% positive you'd need to make an inspection opening to see what's on the other side. How many inches are there now and what type?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cathedral ceiling insulation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm building a cabin in the woods up here in Alaska. This is my first time building something out of wood besides a tree fort. I'm a welder. Anyway my cabin dimension is 16' wide by 24' long with 10' walls. The roof pitch is 12x12 (heavy snow load). I built the roof with the idea of...

Insulation and ventilation [ 2 Answers ]

There is no insulation whatsoever in my attic. I was wondering what kind of energy savings I would see if I insulated it. Does insulation make a difference in hot weather, or is it mainly cold weather? I live in a hot area, so warmer weather is the main concern. My home is brick, about 700 s.f....

Repair ceiling sheetrock with loose insulation above? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to decide how to repair a 10'X12" bedroom ceiling sheet rock where by the center light fixture has dropped down about 2" to 3" due to a previous slow water drip (since repaired). I have removed some of the loose sheet rock by hand but there is approx 8" loose cellulose insulation above...

Insulation [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the state of Massachusetts,so it very cold here.when I take the old window out and the weight of the window what type of insulation should I put in the gap inside. Thanks

Insulation [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering what the pros and cons are to putting insulation on the ceiling of a basement. The reason for my asking is someone has told me that it isn't wise because cold air doesn't rise anyways(I already knew that) and you would cut any heat off coming from the boiler and water heater that...

View more questions Search