Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scooby4210 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 03:43 AM
    Flickering lights
    I have floresscent lights that flicker when other people have their lights on. When there are only my lights or 1 or 2 other lights on they work fine. Any suggestions as to how to keep them from flicker when there are other lights on. They are plugged into a screw in light socket up on the ceiling.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2013, 05:54 AM
    Sounds like voltage drop. How many watts are being used.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 07:43 AM
    Please provide us with a better description of the failure. For example, when you say other people have lights on and your fluorescents flicker, do you other people within your home or do you mean neighbors in adjacent homes.

The first place to start is the branch-circuit for the failing lights. What else is on this circuit?

If the existing load on the circuit is to high, then the Ballast for the lights may not be able to pull as much start-up amperage as they need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flickering lights [ 1 Answers ]

Our Hampton Bay Ceiling fan/light is flickering. We changed both bulbs but did not resolve the flashing/flickering. The light is on a different power switch from the fan. Can anyone direct me to what is wrong?

Flickering lights [ 2 Answers ]

The agitation cycle of my washing machine causes all my lights to flicker

Flickering Lights [ 2 Answers ]

All of the sudden... When we turn on our appliances downstairs, our lights in that area flicker. Why is this so? Should I be alarmed?? It has been doing this now for a couple of weeks. Thank You, Jenna Coy:eek:

Flickering Lights [ 2 Answers ]

Recently, we have experienced flickering lights at various spots throughout the house. As I'm typing this the lights just went off and back on and nothing else was on in the house. Our house is over 20 years old. Any idea where we should start investigating? It has never happened before.

Flickering lights [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: i have some lights that are flickering in the down stairs bath and hall and a small computer room what could be the problem? I think it could be a week braker, or a bad connection. What do you think. Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search