Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmiradio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2007, 10:21 AM
    Door handle screw broke on GE Advantium
    I have a GE Advantium micro/convection oven. The bottom screw broke on the handle. I can see no way do get inside the door to replace the screw. It's a silly problem, but I don't want to pay a repairman $50+ just to tell me I have a screw loose! There's got to be a simple solution. Help, anyone?
    joedansker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Mine did too. First get the door off. Take it off by taking off the vent above the door. (two screws on top of unit). Then you'll see there is clearance to get the door off. Then put the door down somewhere facing down. Pry off the grey bezel. (you'll break off these little teeth, so that will be the second part you order. Then, loosen 6 screws and pry out the metal frame. (trust me youcan without breaking anything). NOW you can get to the screw for the handle. Call GE yell at them, try to get the grey bezel and the handle for free, and reverse procedure. Aggravating as hell, ain't it?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Post as little more description of the problem. Some time you can get broken screws out without taking things apart.
    handyman452 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2009, 06:33 PM
    I have the same issue... broken handle on the same model as above. I removed the plastic thing and only have access to one screw (the top one). I removed the six screws... how do you pry out the metal frame? Is there a trick? Is there anything holding it on other than the six screws?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did I screw Up our friendship? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone, first off I just want to say that I'm really happy that there is a website here that people can ask for advice.. it gives people a different look at things.. whether they take your advice or not.. its good to here someone's opinion.. On with me story I go... My friends...

Ok its new... its fun... I can't screw this up. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey Im having a great time with a girl the past few days, and we both have similar interest in each other. Now, what I need to know is. A) How do you slowly show a girl that you want to be more serious without giving her I'm the big wuss and folding for her every need? And B) What is the...

Screw driver [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electrition's screw driver, hand powered, 7 two sided hexigonal bits, (making 14 tips) that I would like to get more of. The bits rest in the end that pulls out and will seat up in the interior of the handle. When you pull the end in or out, it sounds almost hydrolic. The butt of the...

View more questions Search