Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    howdywho2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 09:17 PM
    Forgot XP Admin passwrd
    Hi I have windows XP installed on my laptop and I stupidly made the admin account the only account available on the computer and I have now forgotten the password. I have tried every combanation of what I thought I could be and its none of them! I don't have the XP disk anymore because I borrowed it from work and don't actually work at the same company anymore! My last option is to take my computer into someone to get it fixed and have to pay but I really don't want to if there is another way around this! Can anyone help?
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Jan 7, 2007, 07:20 AM
    Yes, there is a way. There are several password recovery "tools" available. Some of these can be dangerous to your data, but this one should be safe. This is usable if you have a floppy drive or, if not, you can burn this to cd. Windows XP Login Recovery - Window password recovery within minutes.

Good Luck
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 7, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by howdywho2
    I don't have the XP disk anymore because I borrowed it from work and don't actually work at the same company anymore!
    Purchase a LEGAL copy of XP and install that.
    Tushars Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2007, 12:49 AM
    If this happens with win 2000 simply just delete SAM from c:\windows\system32\config
    You can do it from recovery console.
    For Win XP pwd recovery just use any pwd recovery tool

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Win xp pro admin pass [ 2 Answers ]

I changed my admin password and then I didn't use my computer for a while and now I can't remember it, but I don't want to have to reboot and loose all my stuff. I got to safe mode but then I needed to know the password to disable the password and make a new one.? Is there a way for me to just...

Resume Network Admin Requirement [ 1 Answers ]

I have server 2003 and I have to share internet on. So what are the services I need to configure on server side as well as on client side. Thanks

Admin. Controls [ 3 Answers ]

Well it's probably a simple solution, but I'll be buggered I can't figure it out... In my contol panel, when I click on Display, I receive a message saying Display has been disabled by administrator (that would be me) But I have no idea when, where, or how!! OK Scottgem I know you can help me,...

View more questions Search