Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cam08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Connecting to internet
    :) am trying to set up my old computer for my daughter & her family. Computer was working well & had internet connection when I used it but when tried to install & connect to internet on her phone line cannot do so! Message comes up saying no phone connection but have connected same way it was in my home. Are there any experts out there that can help & stop me from pulling out my hair, have tried until am at wits end!! :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
    Are you using dialup? Did you check the phone line for a dial tone? Did you check to make sure the modem is working properly (use HyperTerminal to dial out).
    cam08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Have checked fone & it works OK. How do I check modem? Appreciate all help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2007, 09:19 AM
    Check under Device Manager also, try using Hyper Terminal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting a computer to a TV [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way I can put images from my computer to a TV screen in another room. Thanks for your time

Connecting to the internet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am with bt broadband internet, with a router in my house connected to 3 laptops with a wire connection. My internet was set up in July and has been working fine up until yesterday when it suddenly stopped. None of us can get online. It is saying limited or no internet activity, and apparently...

Connecting two networks [ 3 Answers ]

I need to connect two existing networks together. Currently there is a main network that has 15 computers and 2 servers with a high speed internet connection and static IPs. Second network has 6 computers and 1 server also with high speed internet and static IP. Currently second network connects...

Connecting office through Internet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Can anyone help me to connect my office computer from my home thgough Internet...

View more questions Search