Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jatt_in_manila Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 08:17 PM
    Slow DSL connection
    Hi, I am having very slow dsl connection speed. Its only gives the bandwidth of 180kbps. It was supposed to give the banwidth of 380kbps+. System specs are CPU 1.49ghz,athlon,winxp,256 RAM,cnet lan card.

I tried changing the computer terminal by connecting to the same DSL. The speed was 390kbs. System specs was 2.4 ghz pentium 4,winxp,512mb RAM,cnet LAN crd.Does it means a hardware problem? Please suggest me what should I do?

I have also tried exchanging LAN cards but same problem..
    silvie Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2006, 01:28 PM
    Check your settings are the same as the 2.4GHz computer, try deleting saved cookies, offline files also install anti-spyware, to prevent popups which use extra bandwidth and scan for the little uglies. Defrag hard drive. If this doesn't work then trying swopping out your components between the two computers one by one to narrow down the possibilties. Troubleshooting at it's best... LOL, only component that I could see that would make the most difference it the RAM.
    jatt_in_manila Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2006, 08:18 PM
    Thanks again Silvie. Your suggestion has really helped me a lot. I am able to speed up my computer to some extent.
    steve83070 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2006, 10:36 AM
    Jatt, Is this a NEW DSL connection? Have you ever had a HIGH RATE of speed using the DSL?

Steve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need dsl modem help [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm planning on getting a dsl modem connection for my room know how would this thing be set up in my room I already have a phone jack in my room which I don't use atm could I use this or would some guy come in amd make a new one

Slow Network Connection [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in determining why my network connection has slowed after being added to a new domain. This is a concern because there are approximately 50 other computers linked to this new domain with no problems. The problem occurred when our system administrator had swapped one win 2000 server out...

DSL in the boonies [ 3 Answers ]

Any idea on how long it will before we will be able to get DSL by plugging into a light plug? (this is going to happen!)

DSL Connection gets interrupted after a couple... [ 1 Answers ]

I believe that the problem that I'm having has to have something to do with my DSL Connection because after a couple of hours of being connected it gets interrupted, all opened programs freeze, and nothing works. When I try to save my work in any open program, Outlook Express, Word or...

Dsl connection [ 1 Answers ]

When connecting High Speed DSL connections,which connection is better,USB or Ethernet, I can use either one

View more questions Search