Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Feb 18, 2009, 02:24 PM
    My ethernet card is not being read by my computer
    Hi, I have windows me. Very old. A year ago a friend install a enternet card on my computer but did not give me the software to go with it. I had to reinstall my computer because of so many problems. When I did that erased the driver I had for the ethernet card.

Is it posisble to burn the driver from a site on my new computer and then install it on my old one?

How do I know what ethernet card I have?

Thank you!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 09:15 AM

You need to look on the card and see if the make and model of the card are written on the card.

If you can discover the make and model of the card, you can download a driver from the Internet.

Also, there's a possibility that Windows will recognize the make and model of the card without having the drivers. Right-click on the "My Computer" icon and select "Manage". In the "Computer Management" window that pops up, click "Device Manager" under "System Tools".

On the right-hand side of the window, look for "Network adapters" and click on the "+" sign next to it, if it is present. If it is not present then the network card is likely one of the "Other devices" with yellow question marks over them. If it is present, then you may be able to read the device make and model off the label (something like "Intel(R) PRO/1000 ...")
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2009, 09:16 AM
    By the way, you'll have to open the computer and pull out the card to get the make and model off that.

If the card is built into the Motherboard, you can probably find information on it at the Motherboard manufacturer's web site or in the BIOS.

Let me know and I'll try to help you further.
    david187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 07:53 PM

Ihave no sound what driver do I need and I do I find the sound card I have

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My computer is not reading my ethernet card/jack [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know where else to turn and everyone here is so helpful. I hope someone can help me because I'm very frustrated right now:mad:. I have window me. I know it is very old:). I have an ethernet card/jack(what ever you call it) on the back of my tower but my computer is not reading it. I...

What is an ethernet card? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, If I buy a pocket PC with an ethernet card does that mean I will be able to access the internet using my home wireless internet connection? Thank you in advance for the help, Jack

PDA Ethernet card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a way to connect a PDA to a wired network using an Ethernet cable. I would like to be able to do this without use of any other computer. I do quite a bit of travelling and the hotels I visit don't always have wireless connections but more often have wired networks in the...

Ethernet Card [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find on my PC if I have an ethernet card installed on my PC?

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

View more questions Search