Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sneakymartian Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2008, 08:08 AM
    Tryint to export Outlook emails and folders to new computer
    Hi,

I've just bought a new computer and am looking to transfer my Outlook emails to it from my old computer.

I have followed the advice here:

How to manage .pst files in Outlook 2007, in Outlook 2003, and in Outlook 2002

Under the 'How to make a backup copy of a .pst file'

But when I try to follow the file path in my computer for the .pst file, that file path doesn't exist.

The file path is this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Jo O\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst

When I get to the folder 'Jo O' there is no 'Local Settings' in there.

I have tried searching for it and also the .pst file itself, using the search tool, but they don't seem to be anywhere on my computer.

Anyone with any ideas?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 25, 2008, 12:54 PM

Make sure, in doing your search that you select to look through hidden files as well.

Also try right clicking on your Personal folders in Outlook and selecting Properties. If you click on the Advanced tab it will show you the location of the file.
    sneakymartian Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Make sure, in doing your search that you select to look through hidden files as well.

Aslo try right clicking on your Personal folders in Outlook and selecting Properties. If you click on the Advanced tab it will show you the location of the file.
    Many thanks, the searching for hidden files did it.

Thanks again :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Email folders/files from computer to computer [ 1 Answers ]

I have just purchased a new computer and have successfully imported the address book from old to new. But I'm having no success with transferring email folders/thier contents. Mail client: old computer is Outlook Express , new computer is Outlook 2007 . I cannot find how I transfer folders of...

Export groups from outlook express address book [ 0 Answers ]

I have the following problem: I have my contacts in groups in my outlook express contact list. I need this contacts, sorted by groups in csv or excel. If I import them to e.g. Outlook I get the contacts, but not sorted in groups.

Transfer Local Folders (Outlook Express 6) from old computer to new one? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm buying a new computer next week. I use Outlook Express 6.0 as my primary email and I was wondering if there was a way to transfer my Local Folders to the new machine. I segregate all my retained mail to specific folders and hope I don't end up having to print hard copy of messages I want to...

Outlook Archive Folders [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I work at the Coast Guard HQ in Washington DC as desktop support technician. A user came to me with an issue stating an Archive folder was created in Outlook 2003 that he did not create. I was stumped as to how this could happen. I don't know whether to believe him but I'm wondering is...

View more questions Search