Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spice2621 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Can not view fax messages sent to me see a weird coding how can I change options?
    Does anyone know how to change the way I can view the messages... when I open it I see weird coding like this:%âãÏÓ
    1 0 obj
    <</Type /XObject
    /Subtype /Image
    /Width 1728
    /Height 2140
    /BitsPerComponent 1
    /ColorSpace /DeviceGray
    /Filter /CCITTFaxDecode
    Well I did not want to put the entire thing... but was not sure how to change it to where I can pick which application I would like to view the attachment that is sent if I do not have the format it was sent in. So if anyone knows please advise... thanks in advance!

So not sure how to change the way I can view attachments sent to me... and could not view fax messages that are sent. Before I could see everything fine.. but I must have changed a setting somewhere... help please :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 10, 2008, 12:12 PM

What are the extensions of these files? How are they faxed to you?

Nov 10, 2008, 01:20 PM
    They are faxed in through a toll free number... but can not read them see weird coding... and not chose the way I view them either. Do you know how to change that? When someone sends me a email with attachment I can not view it either.

Nov 10, 2008, 01:29 PM

You didn't answer about the file extensions. That's the key here.

Also you say they are faxed in via a toll free number. Are you picking them up using some fax software on your PC? Are you using that software to view them?

Nov 10, 2008, 01:36 PM
    They are faxed in through a company called ring central so I just click on it and it usually just opens up... but I some how change the settings and can not view it only see weird coding... hope I answered your question.

Nov 10, 2008, 01:38 PM

Nope you still didn't tell me the file extnesions. But you need to call Ring Central and talk to their tech support.

Nov 10, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Okay I will... I have been sent word,excel docs and can not view any of them.

Nov 10, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Okay now I can open it.. but is there a way I can automatically open it with adobe? That is how I opened it and if that is not available use anther program?

Nov 10, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Okay... nvm I figured it out...

Nov 10, 2008, 06:55 PM
    And the solution was?

Also this isn't texting or chatting. Please don't use chatspeak here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Color coding on line does not match jack color coding [ 11 Answers ]

The line going into the old phone jack has orange, green, blue and 3 white wires in it. Bought a new jack at Radio Shack and the colors of the wires in the replacement jack are red, green, black and yellow. Verizon repair was at best, snotty in telling me "we cannot tell you how to do repairs...

Change how linked objects view in browser [ 3 Answers ]

I am creating a site in Dreamweaver CS3. Images that I have attached links to appear in the browsers with blue or purple frames around them. Does someone know how I can get rid of the frames?

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

Color Coding [ 1 Answers ]

If Blue,red,black And Green Color Is Used While Writing ,what Signifies Blue,what Signifies Red,what Signifies Black And What Signifies Green?

View more questions Search