Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrissey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2006, 03:18 AM
    Microphone not working
    Hi there... downloaded skype and did the recording test and it won't record.. not sure if my settings are correct.. running... xp home... any help welcome!!
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 25, 2006, 05:17 AM
    If you've never recorded audio before with XP then chances are your Mic is Muted. Try to unmute your mic in your control panel. Also, make sure that your Mic is connected to the correct port. These ports are typically color coded so your mic should be plugged into the PINK jack and your Speakers into the GREEN.

You may also check to see that your drivers for your sound card are installed and working properly under your Device Drivers section within the system's control panel.

Good Luck

Casey
    MisterLee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2006, 11:22 AM
    Hi

I've got the same problem.

I've tried everything, unchecked all the boxes, checked others, updated my driver and still nothing.

The weird thing is, it's done this before. I just had to do a system restore though and I can't remember what I did first time round!

Any ideas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a hampton bay fan... It was working just find for the last 4 years... I went to use it today and it won't turn on or anything plus when I turn off and on the switch on the wall I hear a click in the fan.. could this be the motor or a fuse in the fan... A friend says it's the remote but the...

Microphone for a Mac G4 [ 1 Answers ]

There is line input on this machine and I have been told by Apple that it needs to have a self powered microphone to work. I have tried the Griffin USB adapter to no avail and my hardware test cd rules out any hardware issues, says Apple support. Please do not speculate here. I am looking for...

Working on opt [ 1 Answers ]

I am an F1 student on my OPT. I just got a job offer and they want me to work as a contractor for a while i.e. on 1099. Can I do that?

Microphone is muted by default [ 1 Answers ]

HI GUYS, All of a sudden , I am unable to use my microphone as there is no sound recorded through when I try with sound recorder.onchecking I found that in the recording control -properties,microphone is muted by default ,I am unable to deselect the checkbox there. I am unable to...

View more questions Search