Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jianfish Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2006, 07:28 PM
    Startup and Shutdown
    Is there anyway I can not logon at the windows screen when I startup? I find it really troublesome. Just on the computer and I want it to bring me to my windows so my program can all start running rather than having to wait at the logon screen and wait for me to press OK... It was says select user account but I only have one account..

Apparently there is this CSNW in my computer and it is affecting my logon & logoff options. Is CSNW important for my computer becoz I would like to uninstall it.

It says that "Client Services for Netware has disabled Welcome screen and Fast User settings. Please uninstall Client Services for Netware to restore this features."

Also, when I shut down my computer, is there any options to change the shutdown options panel... Currently, I am using the old version where I have a drop-list to select the shutdown, restart from. I very much prefer the button-style options where I can just click on the options I want. Anyway I could change it?

Thanks so very much.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2006, 07:06 AM
    Log On screen
    Hi,
    Here is a link:
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-103

It explains how to get rid of the log on screen, with different windows operating systems, i.e. xp, 2000, etc.
    Best of luck.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2006, 07:18 AM
    This THread covers removing Netware and other startup/shutdown options, including Fast user switching.

Hope this helps
    PalmMP3 Posts: 321, Reputation: 28

Jan 11, 2006, 10:40 PM
    Download TweakUI from the Microsoft website:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Besides all the useful little tweaks and optimizations you can do with it, there is a section called "Logon", with a subsection called "Autologon". On that page, you can set the username for you Windows account, and from then on, Windows will always boot straight to your Desktop.

HTH,
    Moishe

Jan 13, 2006, 09:41 AM
    Thanks got it.. but I still can't get the shutdown options I wanted...

Can't really delete the client service. It affects my com real badly.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 13, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jianfish
    thanks got it.. but i still can't get the shutdown options i wanted...

Can't really delete the client service. It affects my com real badly.
    I only way to get the shutdown options you want is to remove the Netware services, as detailed earlier in this thread.

Its either removing them or a complete reinstall of windows I'm afraid.

Jan 13, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Whoever did that netware must be crazy.

Jan 13, 2006, 07:28 PM
    I realised that I always logon to my admin account instead of my own account and I have to log off and logon to my own account again.

Anyway to make the default account my own account?
    It's a home PC anyway.

Jan 15, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Use TweakUI to set your account's username as the default autologon username... unless I'm misunderstanding the question?

Jan 16, 2006, 08:04 PM
    Yup. Got it fine.. cost me a couple of system restores but its OK now...

Thanks for all the help

Jan 16, 2006, 11:14 PM
    No prob. Glad we could be of assistance. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computor shutdown [ 3 Answers ]

I have a old sony vaio (windows 98SE) edition, computer locks up frequently, I have 191. Mg ram running 77% free. I have installed spyware buster, seem to help, but still locking up. Any advice. Thanks Jerry

Router shutdown [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Linksys router which works fine most of the time. But when I try to use multimedia (such as on line radio), I loose connectivity and have to power the router off/on to restore connection. I can go to any site, as long as I don't try to listen to music online there is no problem. Have tried...

Shutdown LAN [ 13 Answers ]

Dear all, Please help me in this matter , I want to shut down the LAN with password proetected.It Is possible. Please help me to do this to stop LAN from working... Please help me urgent

How do I change my startup and shutdown music? [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to know how I can take off the annnoying windows ME opening music and add instead my own short MP3 file that will play every time I open and close my computer.?

Svchost.exe?  And startup but not in startup file? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, Can you tell me what svchost.exe is? I'm always getting a box saying it has generated errors and will be closed. Also, a lot of things start up without being in the startup file. Where does the computer get the command to start those things up? The registry or somewhere else? ...

View more questions Search