Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Windy -issed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2005, 04:08 AM
    Direct Vent
    I just installed a direct vent wall mount furnace. When ever the wind blows the pilot light goes out. Is there anyway to correct this matter? There was nothing in the installation guide nor information from the company that I purchased this from that informed me that this could be a problem. It's very frustrating as this pretty much makes this furnace worthless.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2005, 09:57 AM
    Pilot light? How 20'th century. You could check on retrofitting an ignition system.

Does the vent go up past the roof? If not, you could have a down draft when the wind blows across the roof towards the side where the vent is. You could fix that by extending the vent to a few feet above the roof. I think code calls for type B double wall.

I fought the down draft and the pilot light many years ago when I was managing a small factory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laundry Pump vent hookup. How? - no vent access [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Laundry Tray Pump System connected to my wash tub in my fifteen year old townhome's basement. I was recently informed that it was not properly installed because I never connected the vent pipe from the pump. I had some one look at it and was told that the house's vent system (which...

Absorption/direct costing [ 1 Answers ]

Which of the following is a true statement regarding absorption and/or direct costing? A) A firm can choose to use either absorption or direct costing for income tax purposes. B) A firm can choose to use either absorption or direct costing for financial reporting...

Direct Material Variances [ 1 Answers ]

What type would it be if the price and quantity arose if the actual number of lbs of materials used exceeds standards lbs aalowed but actual cost is less than the standard cost? I think that the quantity would be favorable and the price would be unfavorable. Am I correct?

Proof by induction and direct [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to proof the arithmetic series below by induction and direct.Please help. Sum, a_i = n.a_n - sum I{a_(I+1) - a_i}

View more questions Search