Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    macsb2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2003, 07:02 AM
    Internet Explorer Home Page
    Whenever I log onto to a particular program it automatically changes my Home page on Internet Explorer.
    Without naming the program I can only mention that
    It allows me to download music.
    How can I make my Home Page irreplaceable?
    MB
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2003, 05:55 AM
    Re: Internet Explorer Home Page
    HI,
    You can't.
    If you like using this particular site, and it changes your homepage every time, it's just something to live with.
    The web site sends messages to your computer's Registry, which changes it in the Registry.
    Others have tried something like Sygate Personal Firewall, a program that lets you OK or not, any messages sent to your computer while online. If they tell it NOT to let a site send messages, then half the links on the site won't work!
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 18, 2004, 08:32 PM
    Internet Explorer Home Page
    Go to www.spysweeper.com and download the free software and run a complete scan. After the scan, go to Internet Explorer, then TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS and change your home page to one of your choice. This will solve your problem. You are a victim of a "home page Hi-jacker" program.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer [ 7 Answers ]

When I Click on IE it comes up but then goes blank what can I do I can't access it at all... Okay I click on internet explorer and it comes up then the whole pages just vanishes... I have broadband and I can get in internet through AOL... Not sure what the problem is

MS Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

After installing Firebird I lost use of Internet Explorer. It tries to open a site only to return the page with the message "Cannot find server - the page cannot be displayed. There are some web sites requiring IE, how do I reset the program. I tried downloading from MS but they said I have a newer...

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

Changes on the Initial Explorer Page [ 3 Answers ]

?? I'm sorry for this question... could be something very easy to solve, but I can't. Every time I start the Internet Explorer, my selected initial home page is changed!! Every time!! The home page changes to something like this: "res://uhdfx.dll/index.html#12372". If someone knows what is this,...

Help me with home page... [ 1 Answers ]

I have big problem with my home page... when I start up my comp it is always same home page ------------------------------>go.targetsearch... a can fix it in internet tools but if I turn off my comp an again turn on----again that page?? Please help... This is probably the most frustration I've...

View more questions Search