Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephanie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2003, 10:57 AM
    Motherboard - Computer slow startup
    Hi you,

A few months ago I fried my motherboard trying to put memory in, I guess maybe I didn't ground myself. Anyway I had a new one installed and now when I startup it hangs on a black screen with a flashing dash in the top right corner for about 30 seconds before clicking it to startup mode. All and all takes about 2 minutes to startup and also takes that long to shutdown. It didn't do this with my old motherboard. How can I get it to turn on right away again?

Thank you,
    Any help would be great ::)
    adnama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 05:37 PM
    You may need to update the bios. Check with the computer manufacturer to see if there is an updated version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slow computer [ 8 Answers ]

What causes the computer to be so slow or sluggish in return responses? It seems like it takes forever to go from 1 website to another or between links within the site.

Very Slow Computer [ 3 Answers ]

For a fairly long time now my computer has been extremely slow, booting up takes about Ten minutes, when I open and shut programs everything slows down nearly to a holt and I have to leave and come back, starting most programs takes a while and opening too many explorer windows slows everything...

Computer running very slow [ 2 Answers ]

Ive already run all the major Spyware checkers and found nothing using Spyware Doctor, Spyware Blaster, Webroot Spy Sweeper, Adaware, Spybot Search and Destroy. Also ran the scan within the latest ZoneAlarm and TrendMicro Anti-Virus. Here is my Hijack log. Computer is only 3 months old 3.0 Ghz. ...

Computer is slow and other problems... [ 2 Answers ]

Well ever since a couple days ago my PC has been running slow, like something is stressing it out. Like, when I go on AOL Instant Messenger before the program starts up its memory usage (from task manager) is 5,000 then when it connects and it fully started up its memory usage is like 29,000! And...

View more questions Search