Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mullfarms Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Fn key seems to be locked
    When I try to type a "j" the character appears as a "1", "k" is a "2", and so on. It happened after I plugged in an external 10-key keypad. After unplugging it and restarting the laptop, I still have this problem. How do I unlock this key or fix this problem?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2009, 03:53 PM

May need to do FN and a number, different on different machines. There are other methods.
    Virtual Yoda Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 09:35 AM

Number lock is on.
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 11:53 PM

Check the FN key and press the FN key and try to change the setting of your keyboard.
    It can happen because of some keys pressed continues and keep on the hold position.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Locked Out [ 1 Answers ]

Im a business owner that has been locked out (Changed Locks) as we were 2 months behind in the rent. To pay the real estate rent I need access to the premises to do the books for the ATO. There is NO Wriiten Lease/Contract it is only verbal. The Real Estate is still invoicing us and I have suffered...

Locked out [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to check emails but can not get into my email . Tried changing my pass word and it locks me out. What do I do?

Locked out by my ex [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. My ex locked me out of our apartment after a 3 day fight. I came home with the locks changed. I am listed as an occupant on the lease and was not given any written notice. All my furniture is in there. I have reciepts for the furniture with only my name on the bill...

I'm getting locked up. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: How long is the statue of limations on a juvinlie on probation if I run away... mind you I ture 18 in about 4 months... Please help.

Locked out [ 7 Answers ]

I live in Maryland, and received a request to vacate a property I rent. I have vacated the property but have left some belongings there, and have not turned the key over to the landlords. I received a notice to appear in court, the date of which has not come. I went to the property to get my...

View more questions Search