Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phughel Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Silver Certificates
    I have several silver certificates, most are very old looking, all are between 1935 - 1957. However, I have 2 that are in good shape with stars preceding the serial number, one is 1957 the other is 1957A. Do these have any significant value?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 14, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Hi, phughel!

I've moved your question out of Other Money & Services to Collectbles because Collectibles is where these types of questions are usually asked and are also more likely to get the most professional answers.

Concerning your question - What do you mean by "very old looking", please?

Thanks!

Oct 16, 2009, 08:47 AM
    They look very well used, is the best way I can put it. I have some that are still very crisp, the rest are just well used, and if my mother-in-law hadn't had them separated out and marked as silver certificates, it would not even have occurred to us to check. Am most interested in the value of the ones with starts in the serial number. As assume the rest aren't really worth much more than a dollar.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2009, 01:44 PM
    Hi again, phughel!

What are the specific years, years with a letter beside them, colors of the seals and names that are on the front of each of them, please?

Thanks!

Oct 23, 2009, 09:16 AM

I have all but the names in an excel spreadsheet, my eyes aren't too good, so I can't read all the names on the front, but I can get them with some help and then I can attach the information and get it to you. I have attached the information that I have on them currently.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Silver Certificates.pdf (62.2 KB, 191 views)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Silver certificates [ 2 Answers ]

I have several $1 and $5 silver certificates dated 1923 and 1935. How can I determine the value of them?

Silver Certificates [ 2 Answers ]

what is the value of 1935 silver certificate series e g01961402h

Silver certificates [ 1 Answers ]

I have two one dollar silver certificates. A 1935D in excellent condition, no stains tears and no folds. A 1935 E in excellent condition, no stains, tears and 1 fold. Could someone tell me if they are worth anything and if so how much. Email me with the answer if possible as I rarely get on a...

View more questions Search