Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happybisaya Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Aug 19, 2006, 09:07 PM
    Lyrics for: Unless a grain of wheat
    Hello Everybody,
    I wonder if anyone can help me find the lyrics for "Unless a grain of wheat". It is a religious music. Your help is "greatly" appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2006, 10:32 AM
    "unless a grain of wheat, fall to the ground and die..." One of my favorites, happybisaya!

The version we do most frequently is by Bob Hurd (who has come to our church to play).

From our hymnal:
    Text: based on john 12:24 and George Herbert's Love Bade Me Welcome, adapted by Bob Hurd.

Another version in our hymnal that we sing less frequently has similar words - different music, by Bernadette Farrell.

Both are OCP (Oregon Catholic Press).

Haven't found the lyrics online yet... if I can't (or someone else can't) I'll copy them from my hymnal
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2006, 10:57 AM
    Hi, Rick had to run and I thought I would just post from the hymnal...
    Rick's wife, Lida Rose (have you ever heard that song?)

Unless A Grain Of Wheat Bob Hurd

Refrain: Unless a grain of wheat fall to the ground and die, it remains a single grain. But if it die it will yield a rich harvest.
    v1. In his own body, by his own wounds, he brought your sins to the cross, and suffer'd for you; pour'd out his life blood upon the tree, pour'd out his life - blood for you and me.
    v2. Do not draw back now, do not be shy. Turn not away from him who paid the price. Come to his table, sit by his side. There he awaits you: the Lord of Life.

Unless A Grain of Wheat Bernadette Farrell

Refrain: Unless a grain of wheat shall fall up-on the ground and die, it remains but a single grain with no life.
    Verses:
    1. If we have died with him, then we shall live with him; if we hold firm, we shall reign with him.
    2. If any one serves me, then they must follow me; wherever I am, my servants will be.
    3. Make your home in me as I make mine in you; those who remain in me bear much fruit.
    4. If you remain in me and my word lives in you; then you will be my disciples.
    5. Those who love me are loved by my Father; we shall be with them and dwell in them.
    6. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give to you; peace which the world can-not give is my gift.

Have a great day Lida
    happybisaya Posts: 68, Reputation: 6

Aug 20, 2006, 10:03 PM
    Hi Mrs. RickJ,
    Thank you very much for giving me some of your time. Now I do not need to just hum my favorite song while I do my housework. Have a Blessed Day always. Thanks. Maria

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics, please [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please give me the lyrics to an old love song, "Where Walks My True Love?" I think the first couple of lines are "Where walks my true love? There you will find me. Though we be dreams apart, or just a smile away." Could you also refer me to a website where I can be sure to listen...

Atoms in grain of sand [ 2 Answers ]

Estimate the number of atoms in a grain of sand. Assume the grain is a 0.25mm (on each side) cube and that average distance between atoms is 10^-10m. Please help me answer this question I have a lot of trouble solving it. Can u show the steps too. Thank you sooo much.

Need help with lyrics [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me... I'm looking for an old 80's song I have but don't know the title of it... It sounds clubish in nature and it goes like this: “You can feel two hearts in me You can hear the voices in me I am the thief of lusted source Gets me higher when I'm blue Takes my hand and runs me...

Flour/Grain bugs [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know who to stop these pesky grain bugs that get into your flour and grain products? I have tried the spearmint gum trick, and that does seem to work a little bit, but isn't there something better?

Baking with whole-wheat pastry flourl [ 1 Answers ]

I read in a Health Magazine that you can replace the white flour with whole wheat pastry flour in most baking recipies, I have tried some cookies and both batches came out very flat, do I need to add baking powder or gluten? What am I doing wrong? ::)

View more questions Search