A57276878A
    D87711548A

1 CENT COIN

BUFFALO NICKEL

1$BILL NO SERIES NUMBER
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Without actually looking at the condition of them, it is impossible to determine a collectors value for them.

Any good bookstore will have books on coins where you could get an idea of their worth.

Also, you might like to try the following type of search by clicking on the following link:

coin collecting values - Google Search
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Hello carolyn:

I did a quick Google search. I found out that the buffalo nickel didn't make its debut until March 4, 1913. So, the one's you've got are pretty rare.

excon
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2007, 07:21 PM
    excon is so right. The buffalo nickel came out in 1913. The dates you indicate are what is called the { V} nickel :;'
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2007, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle
    excon is so right. The buffalo nickle came out in 1913. The dates you indicate are what is called the { V} nickle :;'
    And, your point is..

How was the way that you answered of benefit to answering the original poster's question?
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 09:49 AM
    Clough; Just like a yankee can't understand English; I stated {quote} That ex-con was right. Now if you want the story;? The Liberty Head nickel ,Known as the {V} nickel was minted from 1883 Threw 1912. There was some 1913 made but were not put in circulation
    Some how got out of the mint. The {V} nickel was all so called {centlesscoins} First ones minted were minted without the words(CENTS), just the ( V ). and some people took and coated them with gold and passed them as 5$ gold coins. They were designed by Charles E. Barber There was () 1913 made , They were by by Colonel E>H>R> GREEN CLOUGH , read next one.;":
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Carolyndurr THe vaule of your coins ,you can find in a coin book on coins the one I'm going to say I thinf is the best IT explains and shows how to grade and find the vakue of the coin. The Official RED BOOK Aguide book of UNITED STATES COINS BY R.S. YEOMAN ; YOU can take it to a good coin shop and have check it for you there are places you can send a coin to and have them graded, but it costs if you want the address of one of these places I can give it to you, GOOD LUCK
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2007, 10:26 AM
    HEY EXCON , THANKS FOR your input : I'm very late 60's and I have been a coin collecter since I was 7 years old, Have a good day!
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2007, 03:43 PM
    [QUOTE=Flying Blue Eagle]HEY EXCON , THANKS FOR your input.QUOTE]
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 10:16 PM
    CAROLYNdurr - IF you still need the other answers to your questions you asked ,I have the new books on 9COINS & PAPER MONEY:: THEY are for 2008, List your question again here direct to me . F.B.E.
    vstout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 09:39 PM
    Question - what's it mean if one the side of the buffalo where at the bottom of the coin it says FIVE CENTS and there's an "s" under the FIVE CENTS. What's the "s" mean? The coin is from 1936. I have a whole roll of buffalo nickels all dated 1936. A couple have the "s" and then there's a few with a "d". What's the letters mean and what's the difference?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2011, 05:31 AM
    Hello v:

It's the mint mark.. S means it was made in San Francisco. D means Denver.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coins [ 3 Answers ]

I wanted to see if anyone could tell me how much, a 1999 Pennsylvania quarter with a S mint is worth, also I would like to no how much a dime that was made in 1912 is worth? I have a tape , a hunting tape, that has dale earnhardt on it, he gets a big deer could someone tell me what it may be...

Old Coins [ 4 Answers ]

I went to a garage sale today and purchased 4 coins, three of them are US three cent pieces with dates of- " 1865, 1867, 1870,". They are in an old cardboard & cellophane holder. The other coin that I purchased is an old replica 1776 coin from colonial america, the package that it is in seems...

What is the price of old coins [ 1 Answers ]

How much is a 1912 penny with the wheat on the back worth?

Coins collection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi pals Can anyone tell me any website which stores the info of the old coins? And their present market cost?

Coins [ 1 Answers ]

I found a chinese coin in which it says ten dollars. It looks like it's made of nickel and it has a copper center. It also says hong kong on the bottom. 1994 is the year and chinese letters on the top. How much is it worth and can I exchange it at the foreign currency place.

View more questions Search