1953 5 dollar note

Asked Apr 30, 2008, 12:54 PM 62 Answers
    I came across a 5 dollar bill from 1953. It says series 1953 A. It has a red seal and red serial numbers. There is a red star in front of each serial number and the letter A after. The names are Priest and Anderson. Treasurer and Secretary of Treasury. The serial # is... star 08287916 A. It has a fold right down the center of Lincolns head, edges look good. It looks a little used but in all I would say in good condition. Just wondering if its worth anything. Thanks

Last edited by angelo244b; Apr 30, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
    DrJ's Avatar
    DrJ Posts: 1,311, Reputation: 339

#2

Apr 30, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Series Year: 1953A
    Type: Silver Certificate
    Seal Color: Blue
    Average Circulated Note: $5.-$8.
    Uncirculated: $12.+
    angelo244b's Avatar
    angelo244b Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

#3

Apr 30, 2008, 05:23 PM
    No, that answer is wrong. RED seal, RED serial #s. Anyone who can tell me something is appreciated.
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,681, Reputation: 1647

#4

Apr 30, 2008, 11:38 PM
    I see on eBay where the current bid on one that is similar to yours, although they names might not be exactly the same, is $5.00. 1953 United States RED SEAL $5.00 Bill PERFECT Shape! - eBay (item 110247780789 end time May-02-08 21:48:43 PDT) However, what it is worth will greatly depend on its condition and what someone would be willing to pay for it.

I do hope that Flying Blue Eagle will be along to address your question, because he has the current pricing information on currency items of this nature and also really knows how to address questions of the type that you have asked.
    angelo244b's Avatar
    angelo244b Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

#5

May 6, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo244b
    I would like my question to come back to the forefront because flying blue eagle didn't answer. I hope to get an opinion from him on this issue.
    angelo244b's Avatar
    angelo244b Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

#6

May 6, 2008, 05:17 PM
    Fling Blue Eagle Please Answer
    Clough's Avatar
    Clough Posts: 26,681, Reputation: 1647

#7

May 6, 2008, 10:12 PM
    I am surprised that he hasn't come along, because he's usually on the alert for posts such as yours. I will private message him about your post.
    Flying Blue Eagle's Avatar
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225

#8

May 8, 2008, 10:55 PM
    Angelo244b- Thanks there clough, But Ive been out of pocket the last few days, I think I need A lap top. To Carry along with meometimesc , Sorry I haven't gotten back here sooner , While I'am at it My friend Clough, I will be gone ,BEtween the ( MAY 13 Through May 19. Barb & I are going to take our belated honey moon in Branson Mo. It will only be 50 years Late, May the 16 th will be our 50 th wedding Anversy.

Ok Angelo244b , I will be back here tomorrow night And Try to Have answer for you, I will go to the book in a few minuts, There is several places you have to go to ,to get the information you need on this type money , I cant say for sure the exact value for sure, and I want to make sure I don't give you the wrong information.But I will say this , DO NOT GIVE IT AWAY YET < BECAUSE PROPLE DO NOT REALIZE JUST HOW A LOT OF PAPER MONEY LIKE THIS IS REALLY Valuable,And the real reason that a piece of paper money was made this , Look at some of my other posts, I cant think which one right now , maybe brother clough can remember , but I Addressed The reasons of why the star notes are made ,what causes it , IF you cant find it I intend to include it on my next answer back :: I will say good night to you both for right now , its almost 1am c/t GOD BLESS YOU BOTH :::: F.B.E.
    Flying Blue Eagle's Avatar

#9

May 8, 2008, 11:53 PM
    Angelo244b - I need to know a couple of things about the bill , #1 - what is printed at the top of the bill? Does it have ( silver certificatec or National Currency?? Is it a NATIONAL BANK NOTE ISSIUED BY A BANK , Or a LEAGLE TENDER NOTE?? ECT>ECT> Have a good day & GOD BLESS :::: F.B.E.
    angelo244b's Avatar
    angelo244b Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

#10

May 11, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Thanks for getting with me on this blue. On top it says "United States Note" to the left of lincolns picture over the # 5 it says " this note is a legal tender at its face value for all debts public and private" thanks for your help I have read some of your other posts and you really seem to know this stuff. I appreciate your help F.B.E.

1953 $2 dollar bill [ 5 Answers ]

I just got a 1953 $2 dollar bill. It is an A series in red letter and numbers. Signed by Priest and Anderson. A 50633688 A. If anyone could tell me how much it is worth I would really be thankful. :) :confused:

1953 TWO Dollar bills qty=50 consecutive serial# [ 1 Answers ]

I came across approximately 50 $2 TWO dollar bills printed in red ink from 1953. They are uncirculated and in mint condition and are consecutively serial numbered. Wondering about an approximate value on the entire lot? Thx

2 Dollar United States Note [ 8 Answers ]

I have a $2.00 United States Note which is 1953 Series and it has a red star before the Serial Number 00134626A which is also in red. Can someone tell me what it is worth? Thank you, Buddy896.

Value of you.S. Dollar compared [ 1 Answers ]

Value of U.S. dollar compared to American Revolutionary War?