Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Old Debts are they valid?
    A recent article listed on the link below;

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ardToKill.aspx

Everyone needs to understand how some debt collectors will buy old debts and they will try to get those people to reaffirm them.

Understand one thing, whenever you get a call or mailing on a debt, you must answer, that you owe it or you must dispute it, or the debt will be consider valid. Always have the debt collector put it in writing, do you real know who you are speaking to on the phone? NO! In writing only!

Have the Debt collector provide you with verification that the debt is valid as require by law.

I hope this information help.

Beware of Zombies Debt Collectors
    educatedhorse_2005 Posts: 500, Reputation: 78

Aug 16, 2006, 05:41 PM
    The info is greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the Debt valid? You must ask! [ 12 Answers ]

Posted for those who wish to use, not legal advice, just verification of debt. QUESTIONS TO ASK DEBT COLLECTOR WITH YOU DISPUTE THEIR CLAIM. Debt collector name Address state RE; Account

Valid lease [ 4 Answers ]

We have been in a rental house for a few months now. The landlord signed a lease before he sent it to us. We made some modifications, initialed the modifications, signed the new modified version of the lease and sent it back to the landlord with the deposit. He now says that none of the...

Execution of valid contracts [ 7 Answers ]

My question is: When one of the parties to a contract is a corporation, must an officer or agent of the corporation actually subscribe his or her signature to the document? More specifically, if a duly authorized agent or officer of a corporation merely stamped the written contract with a symbol...

Is this lease valid? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I own a home that we rent out. My husband signed a 1 year lease (without my signature) with 4 people contingnet on there credit checks and income verification. My husband signed the lease with them on the 30th and we denied them on the 31st. They lease was to begin on the 1st. They...

Is this lease valid? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both own a home which we rent out. Both our names are on the lease. Do we both need to sign the lease for it to be valid? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search