Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kellyllwill1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 06:58 PM
    Hanging a frameless mirror on a tiled wall
    We just redid our bathroom. All of the walls are tiled. How do you hang a frameless wall mirror on a tiled wall?

Any help is much appreciated!
    amsteube Posts: 75, Reputation: 6

Dec 5, 2008, 10:09 PM
    There are a couple of ways to do this:

1) Use mirror brackets like these:

The problem with these is that you have to drill through the tile which is doable but requires a special drillbit, is very tedious, and even if you're careful you may still break the tiles.

2) Dow Corning makes a product called '795' which is a silicone based adhesive/sealent. This product will not deteriorate the back of the mirror but if it is a large mirror it may be difficult to get it to work because you will need to apply pressure evenly on the mirror.

3) Another option is things like these 3M strips:

They are supposed to hold up to 10 pounds for the medium sized ones. There are many of these options like velcro that can be applied to the wall and back of the mirror for easier removal.

I'm sure there are a ton more ways but this is a few I could think of off the top of my head.

Hope this helps,

Aaron

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mirror, Mirror on the wall. [ 11 Answers ]

Shrek, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were all having lunch together. Shrek said, 'I have always thought that I'm the strongest man in the world, but how can I be sure?' Angelina Jolie agreed. 'I'm told I'm the most gorgeous of them all, but sometimes I wonder.' Brad Pitt said, 'I'm pretty...

Hanging a heavy picture on a wall [ 9 Answers ]

I've recently purchased one of those heavy motion pictures. But have no idea how to put it up. I'm afraid it might fall off. Help! :o

Installing 12 X 12 mirror tiles on wall [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make cutouts for electrical outlets? What tool or tools do I use?

Hanging rug on concrete wall [ 2 Answers ]

How can I hang a rug on my outside patio concrete wall. It's an outdoor rug and since it's so pretty I decided to hag it on my patio wall instead of lying it on the floor. It's 2'7''x4'11''.

Weep Holes in wall of tiled shower [ 1 Answers ]

I've moved into a new home and some water is leaking due to incomplete grouting of tiled walls in shower. Shower has pre-made shower pan, not tiled floor. Builder has cleaned out (by drilling) small weep holes in tiled wall immediately above pre-made shower pan (shower floor)... like you would...

View more questions Search