Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    badmistake08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2008, 03:48 AM
    am i going to go to jail?
    HELP ME! I made a bad mistake!
    I am a single mother and was caught shop lifting for the first time ever back in April and now for my stupid mistake I have been summoned to court I am so scared I will get sent to jail it was only goods to the value of 53.00au it says this is a summary offence and it is a complaint and summons! Mam I going to go to jail?what will happen to my son I am so scared
    snookums Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 12:37 PM
    I had a friend who got caught shoplifting and it was under $100 she had to pay a fine and 6 months meet an hour with a probation officer. I would be really surprised if you went to jail. Do you have anything else on your record? If not, than I would think there would not be any jail time.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 12:49 PM

No, probation, a fine and have to pay back for items
    pctechfriend Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2008, 12:58 PM
    If this is your first offence and the goods were recovered just a warning and possibly a fine. Your not going to jail so don't worry.
    FORCE_electric Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Oct 25, 2008, 01:15 PM

Don't watch that love!!

You'll be fine! If its first offence, like pctechfriend said, you'll get a slap on the wrist.

Don't get scared because you're going to court, it seems people go to court for petty reasons these days. And that's exactly what it was a petty crime, prisons are there for criminals...

Nuff said
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 25, 2008, 01:31 PM

If you are remorseful and make sure that you tell the judge that you are, then you'll probably get probation and have to pay back the money (sometimes more than what you stole, for restocking fees and wages lost).

You got caught, hopefully this is the first and last time you will break the law.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I go to jail [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know I have credit card debts by I am no able to pay I am disabled and I live of ssi benefits can I got to jail because I can't pay I got summons to the court what is going to happen to me

My man is in jail. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello? My man is in jail for somehing ne did not do and his pro told him that he had to go in front of a judge to see when he will get out how long do you think that will tack. Can anyone help me by answer my question please

Can he be put in jail? [ 1 Answers ]

I was 14 and he was 17, at the time of conception. I'm now 15 and he'll be 18 BEFORE the baby is born. Both of our families are fine with it, and don't have any problems, but I'm concerned that if the state finds out then he'll be put in jail.. is that legal? Or is statutory rape?:confused: We're...

Can I go to jail for this. [ 14 Answers ]

I am 18, I go with a 15 year old mexican. We have a baby on the way and people say that I can go to jail for dating him. But we stated dating when I was 17, so is this true?

Jail [ 2 Answers ]

I Was arested about a year and a half ago. The police came to my house I came out and they ended up taking me to jail. The news paper said That they found me sleeping on the bed next to a hand gun. Iam a ex-con, how ever the police report says that I came out peacefully witch it the truth. Can I do...

View more questions Search