Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoue View Post
    The thing is, Tom, I've seen you trot out this line with some frequency, but each time I've asked you to back it up you've done exactly what you're doing now, i.e., dodging the question. So I haven't seen this evidence you claim to have. And I've asked a bunch of times now. I've never known you to be terribly shy about changing the subject when it suits you, so I'm increasingly suspicious that your evidence is pretty flimsy.
    Akoue, you claim that everyone dodges the question even when paragraphs of information are posted, and then afterward you claim that it was not posted. I have posted information many times, and you have even responded to it, but now you claim that I never posted it. So tell me exactly why anyone should waste their time, especially when you are in the process of hijacking the thread?

I have debated and discussed this and other topics with people who are interested in truth and two things that I find common with such people - whether they agree or disagree, they never play games such as claiming that someone never posted something, and they discuss respectfully.

Over and over I have suggested that if you do wish to discuss, start a new thread. I think that you know that as long as you are hijacking this thread, few people are even going to get into the discussion and it will get shut down. So this approach (which is a consistent approach that I have seen you use) seems to be a way to making cheap shots knowing that when the thread gets shut down you won't need to back it up. Starting a new thread would be a way to keep the discussion going - if you really wanted to discuss.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Yj3,
    I just stated what was obvious.
    You do not understand the Catholic Church.
    There are many who do not.
    It is not demeaning to tell te truth.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Akoue, you claim that everyone dodges the question even when paragraphs of information are posted, and then afterward you claim that it was not posted. I have posted information many times, and you have even responded to it, but now you claim that I never posted it. So tell me exactly why anyone should waste their time, especially when you are in the process of hijacking the thread?

I have debated and discussed this and other topics with people who are interested in truth and two things that I find common with such people - whether they agree or disagree, they never play games such as claiming that someone never posted something, and they discuss respectfully.
    I can't off the top of my head think of anyone who's disagreed with you who hasn't been accused by you of failing to "discuss respectfully". This is one of your standby lines, after all. Wondergirl, De Maria, Joe, Fred, asking, and me--just in the last week or so.

All right, though, if you don't want to substantiate your claims I can't force you to do so. You have no problem pressing others to substantiate their claims, but you've made it quite evident that you don't hold yourself to the same standard to which you hold others. So I'll let it drop for now. You're sure to make the same ridiculous claim again very soon.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Yj3,
    I just stated what was obvious.
    You do not understand the Catholic Church.
    There are many who do not.
    It is not demeaning to tell te truth.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred,

You need to understand that because something disagrees with you does not mean that they do not understand. Quite the contrary, it is because I understand that I disagree.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoue View Post
    I can't off the top of my head think of anyone who's disagreed with you who hasn't been accused by you of failing to "discuss respectfully". This is one of your standby lines, after all. Wondergirl, De Maria, Joe, Fred, asking, and me--just in the last week or so.
    Well, you know Akoue, I could not care less whether you can think of anyone or not. After all, you claim not to know of things which have been posted on the board when they don't agree with you, so why should I be surprised that you don't remember other things.

All right, though, if you don't want to substantiate your claims I can't force you to do so. You have no problem pressing others to substantiate their claims, but you've made it quite evident that you don't hold yourself to the same standard to which you hold others. So I'll let it drop for now. You're sure to make the same ridiculous claim again
    Ho hum - more false accusations. I can only assume that you fear starting a new thread where this could be discussed openly without hijacking another thread.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:36 PM
    start a new thread.

Is this the tactic? Not being able to confront Catholicism on this topic so you jump from topic to topic? Stick to the topic. The topic here is eating meat during fast. Show it to be right or wrong - so far you've bounced back and forth across the line. Where does the Tj3 faith fall on this topic?

JoeT
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Tj3,
    I understand the Catholic Church and have done so for over thirty years. That is why I quit being a Protestant.
    It is obvious to me and any knowledgeable Catholic that you do NOT understand it.
    Just because you disagree with some of what The Church teaches does not make you right.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    Is this the tactic? Not being able to confront Catholicism on this topic so you jump from topic to topic? Stick to the topic. The topic here is eating meat during fast.
    Agreed and I am more than willing to discuss it here. If we can get Akoue to stop hijacking this thread, we can carry on with the discussion

Show it to be right or wrong - so far you've bounced back and forth across the line.
    I have put forward a number of scriptures. Let's see your response.

Ot seems that to get back to where the topic diverted, you need to go back to about here and before:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/christ...ml#post1578540
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Tj3,
    I understand the Catholic Church and have done so for over thirty years. That is why I quit being a Protestant.
    It is obvious to me and any knowledgeable Catholic that you do NOT understand it.
    Just because you disagree with some of what The Church teaches does not make you right.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Fred, get on topic or start a new thread.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 09:06 PM
    Tj3,
    Thanks for your ORDER.
    But I do not follow any orders given by you or talking heads on TV.
    I am done with this topic, I think.
    And I'm sure you do not want be to start a new thread on "How Tj3 does not understand the Catholic Church."
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 09:14 PM
    Tj3,
    Thanks for your ORDER.
    But I do not follow any orders given by you or talking heads on TV.
    Nor apparently do you respect others by staying on topic.

And I'm sure you do not want be to start a new thread on "How Tj3 does not understand the Catholic Church."
    Fred, You've never been able to hold you own in any debate with me on RC doctrine yet, so your protestations mean little to me. You always resort to petty little comments like the above which speak more about the poster than about the person to whom they are aimed.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 09:37 PM

Fred, You've never been able to hold you own in any debate with me on RC doctrine yet, so your protestations mean little to me. You always resort to petty little comments like the above which speak more about the poster than about the person to whom they are aimed.

You know, for one who speaks so highly of respect, you should be ashamed. I would suggest an apology.

JoeT
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:22 PM

You are skilled at rhetoric. At twisting the truth into whatever appeals to you.

Fred speaks the truth in simplicity.

In my opinion, you don't hold a candle to Fred. Especially on Catholic doctrine, which you know little about.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Tj3,
    It might be what you think
    But That is NOT so!
    Deam on.
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    Hi DeMaria, If I may reproof this posting by carefully added that it was this authority given to Peter, Peter being the disciple that offered evident indentity of his love for Christ, which by Christ telling us was revealed to him by Our Father in Heaven.

Peter showed his authority in Act 2 with Israel, and Acts 10 amoung the Gentiles.

When we look further to Matthew 18:18-20 the same authority was given to others, where two or three are gathered together. And John 20:21-23 example his disciples given the Holy Spirit, with authority to remit sins.

These scriptures show that by the servants of God, at the choice and will of God, each are granted authority through the Spirit to further the works of God, and do all that is written in The Word which was made Flesh in Christ. We follow the spirit of Christ in His will, just as Christ did His Fathers Will.

John 15:20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

In my heart I believe the spirit within each will testify of Christ just as Peter did in evident indentiy "YES LORD I LOVE YOU" Liberty other then this is a broken scripture... and is not done by the sheep that follow and hear Christ.

John 15:26-27 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

~ In the spirit of Love
    Thank you Sndbay.

It is true that the authority was given to Peter. But do you mean that it was to remain with Peter. Was not the Church of God given authority that would be exercised throughout the centuries until Christ returns in Glory?
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    You know, for one who speaks so highly of respect, you should be ashamed. I would suggest an apology.
    Joe, it is interesting that you think it okay for any sort of demeaning remarks to be made against those who disagree with you, but you feel that anyone who refuse to go along with those demeaning comments ought to apologize.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    You are skilled at rhetoric. At twisting the truth into whatever appeals to you.
    False accusations will get you nowhere.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:30 PM
    Tj3,
    I'll say it one more time.
    Telling the truth is NOT demeaning.
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Bible speak, still driving me nuts. Why can't we have a bible that has just paraphrases in everyday language. Then my eyes wouldn't just glaze over as I try to make heads or tails of what is being said? Not only is it hard to understand, it's even hard to read. ugh!
    :eek:

May I suggest the Children's Picture Bible?
    Amazon.com: The Picture Bible: Iva Hoth, Andre Le Blanc, Andre Le Blanc: Books

I believe there is even one with pop-ups:
    Little Pop-up Bible Stories Set, 6 Books - - Christianbook.com

;)
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2009, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria View Post
    Thank you Sndbay.
    It is true that the authority was given to Peter.
    Paul had the same if not greater authority than Peter. But I see that you are trying to distract from the topic again.

How do your denomination's claims that Peter had greater authority have anything to do with what the Bible says about eating fish on Fridays?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Could the Catholic Church be EVIL? [ 103 Answers ]

Priest faces trial in nun’s stabbing death Body of 71-year-old victim was found under altar cloth 26 years ago Reuters Updated: 10:35 a.m. ET April 15, 2006 TOLEDO, Ohio - A 68-year-old Catholic priest goes on trial Monday in the stabbing death of a nun whose body was found covered by an...

Communion in Catholic Church [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother have moved from Greece to live with me. She has always attended the Church of Greece. Can she receive communion in a catholic church?

Non-Church Catholic Wedding [ 5 Answers ]

Does the Catholic Church have a hard and fast position on non-church weddings (for example, an intimate, personal wedding ceremony in a quiet courtyard), or is it left to the discretion of the diocese/parish/priest performing the sacrament?

Dark Ages,Catholic Church [ 2 Answers ]

Why was it called dark ages and was the catholic church behind the dark ages ? I have been reading a lot of books on the subject of the conspicary of the catholic church covering up about Jesus and that Jesus was married and had children,The nights templar guarded this secret.The Masons was...

View more questions Search