Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Oct 16, 2008, 10:39 PM
    The tabernacle , the threshningfloor and the altar of Ramah
    In the days before the Temple , there were three major altars that the people of Israel made their sacrificies to God and they were accepted, but they were not a Temple.
    I think that today we are in that same position, of attending assemblies and our ''sacrificies'' are accepted but none of them is The Church of Christ.
    What do you say?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Oct 16, 2008, 11:49 PM
    I believe that there IS a Church of Christ.
    It is the Holy Catholic Church.
    It is the one that Jesus called MY Church and established it with Peter as its first leader giving him the keys to the Kingdom which made Peter the Kingdom's Prime Minister.
    It is all right there in Holy Scripture we call the Holy Bible.
    It is referred to in the Gospels as "The Church".
    Later the Name Catholic (meaning universal) was added to distinguish it from some other groups which called themselves a church.
    Note that he first Churches were all established by the apostles and all of the recognized Peter as the leader.
    Note also that the mighty Roman Empire tried to stamp it out but ironically the world headquarters of The Church was established in Rome in spite of that effort and it is still there to this day.
    Both Peter and Paul were martyred there but that did not stop The Church from growing with new leaders with over 1 billion members today.
    As Jesus said, “The gates of hell will not stand against it”.
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred.

Oct 17, 2008, 01:31 AM

The Catholic Church has nothing to do with the Church established by Christ through the apostles.And so do all the chrches today more or less ! What you say reminds me of what the Jews said to Jesus '' our father is Abraham''!

Oct 17, 2008, 03:19 AM

In fact if the Pope was introduced today to Peter as the one that continues Peter's job , I think Peter would not be happy with that!
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam7gur View Post
    The Catholic Church has nothing to do with the Church established by Christ through the apostles.And so do all the chrches today more or less ! What you say reminds me of what the Jews said to Jesus '' our father is Abraham''!
    AMEN! Read the epistles that Paul wrote to the first century Churches... nothing about catholicism. NOTHING!. ( can I say that again)? NOTHING!
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 04:02 AM
    In fact if the Pope was introduced today to Peter as the one that continues Peter's job , I think Peter would not be happy with that!
    Adam,
    Nor do I... but I think you may have opened a can of WORMS! Good luck! LOL
    Ultra Member

Oct 17, 2008, 09:11 AM
    adam7gur,
    Sorry to disappoint you but the boble backs up what I said.
    I believe the bible.
    Peace and kindness,
    'Fred
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Oct 17, 2008, 04:02 PM

When the Catholic church starts looking like the church described in the first part of the book of Acts, then I will agree with Fred.
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
    In the days before the Temple , there were three major altars that the people of Israel made their sacrificies to God and they were accepted, but they were not a Temple.
    I think that today we are in that same position, of attending assemblies and our ''sacrificies'' are accepted but none of them is The Church of Christ.
    What do you say?
    There is one sacrifice which God accepts and it is the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross. This is why Catholics unite themselves with that sacrifice at every Mass where we

proclaim His Death until He comes:

1 Corinthians 11 26 For as often as you shall eat this bread, and drink the chalice, you shall show the death of the Lord, until he come.

This is the once for all sacrifice which unites all Christians to the body of Christ. And it is only partaken in the Catholic Church,

which Jesus Christ built:

Matthew 16 18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church,.

Proclaimed infallible:

Matt 16:18... and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

endowed with One Shepherd:

John 21

17 He said to him the third time: Simon, son of John, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved, because he had said to him the third time: Lovest thou me? And he said to him: Lord, thou knowest all things: thou knowest that I love thee. He said to him: Feed my sheep.

endowed with the authority to teach His Word to the nations:

Matthew 28 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.

And we can observe and see that the Catholic Church is the only, truly, universal Church in the world today. No other Christian denomination can compare to the breadth and width of Catholic presence in the world.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2008, 03:58 PM

We no longer offer any sacrifices, that has already been done for us, Jesus died as our sacrifice

And all who follow Christ are part of that church and his fellowship
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2008, 06:19 PM
    De Maria,
    Excellent post.
    It points out the truth of the matter.
    It is sad that so many can not partake of the body and blood of Jesus Christ and enjoy the marvelous grace that comes with partaking of them.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Tabernacle [ 2 Answers ]

What do the different parts of the tabernacle reveal about Jesus?:confused:

"ED" (The Altar) [ 5 Answers ]

"And the children of Reuben and the children of Gad called the altar 'ED,'for it shall be a witness between us that the Lord is God. Joshua 22:34 WHAT IS YOUR EXPLANATION OF THE ORIGIN OF THIS TERM "ED" OTHER THAN "DIVISION." PLEASE CITE SOURCE. Thank you. Bobbye P.S. I just want the...

View more questions Search