Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    92776 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Being in Bondage for life
    Hi,
    Can you tell me if is possible for a child of God to lose everything and continue to go through obtacles without God pulling that person through?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Sometimes when a person "loses" everything (meaning material posessions) it is for a reason. That reason is usually to have the person learn a lesson in this lifetime, most likely humility and to strengthen the person spiritually.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2008, 05:07 PM
    How do you feel God hasn't pulled you through?

Often some people go through trial after trial because God wants them to be stronger for whatever reason as well as learn some life lessons that many don't ever get because they had it easy or average.
    I have been through at least 20 years of what I can call not only obstacles but also beyond the end of my rope and I am still suffering in some ways.
    When life was starting to go a little better I would find myself getting stressed over littler things that use to not even phase me and I would think if I can't get through this HOW did I manage when I was going through the stuff I had gone through before.
    It was sort of like I had been living on adrenaline strength and so I could make it through
    Then when life was a little less hectic and a little smoother it seemed a bit rougher in the sense that I didn't have that extra strength. Most people would consider my easier times more than they could handle. God showed me that through all that he gave me the strength to survive. So even though it seems like he isn't there he is. I went through 20 years and I feel like I am still not out of the woods but I keep having that hope.

While you suffer you look to God for your answers. While others have it easy they take God for granted or don't even give him a second thought. Most often they don't even get the life lessons cause they are caught up in the material things.
    cogs Posts: 415, Reputation: 27

Aug 13, 2008, 05:25 PM
    First, let me say that I sympathize if you or someone you know is losing some hope. I think in the midst of trials, we would do well to consider what the trial is making us become, keeping god in mind. Like twinkiedooter said, for humility and strength. Also, as well, patience, faith, and experience to help others. You may not feel the trouble letting up, but staying close to god, and learning from him is something that you'll have even after the trouble lets up.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 05:48 PM
    We only have to look at Paul, who was proud to be prisoner for Christ.
    He lost his position, his money and his freedom all for Christ.

This is the things, Christ ( God) is always with the Christian, it does not mean that bad things don't happen, and it does not mean that we don't see him or feel him with us at times, but he is always there.

And God does pull us though, but in his time frame, not ours, often if we have not learned to deal with our problems, we are not ready to move on yet. Or we are in our place to be a blessing to others, or a help to others. And most often as an example to others.

Aug 14, 2008, 09:45 AM
    That is so true I guess Im just having tough times waiting on God to do something that I so desperately want. Which amazes me because I know all the time that we pray for things and really don't know what we want... but I feel very strong that I know what I want and it just seems as if time is just ticking away and I am drowning in misery.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 09:54 AM
    It isn't always about what we want. Just like a parent sometimes the answer is no or wait.

Some times what we pray for isn't always what s best for us even when it looks good, right or pleasing to God.
    Like I can pray God I want to be a missionary in Bangladesh BUT he could want me to be helping crack parents kids in Harlem and I miss out cause I am wrong place and miss it.

Aug 14, 2008, 08:34 PM
    That makes a lot of sense, I get what you are saying, but if I can be honest that is a really hard thing to do.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Aug 15, 2008, 01:31 PM
    1 Cor 10:13
    13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
    (KJV)

3986 peirasmos (pi-ras-mos');

from 3985; a putting to proof (by experiment [of good], experience [of evil], solicitation, discipline or provocation); by implication, adversity:

KJV-- temptation, X try.

Here, temptation can mean testing, as well as solicitation to sin. You have received some good answers already. Don't give up, because tha answer is already on the way.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Aug 15, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Romans 8:28
    And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Read the story of Job here. Satan asked God if he could test Job's faith and God allowed satan to take everything from Job.
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Aug 15, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 92776
    That is so true I guess Im just having tough times waiting on God to do something that I so desperately want. Which amazes me because I know all the time that we pray for things and really don't know what we want.....but I feel very strong that I know what I want and it just seems as if time is just ticking away and I am drowning in misery.
    If waiting on God were easy, it wouldn't be a command. We are commanded to do those things that REQUIRE His assistance. We weren't made to go through this life without Him and we are made to endure without His Presence and Grace and Mercy. That's why its called faith. We have to trust Him even when our senses scream at us to run and take care of things ourself.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

Aim of life [ 25 Answers ]

I want to know what is the possible aim of life of humans on earth.

My Life [ 13 Answers ]

What to do if you have a boyfriend that has a 11month old daughter and a baby on the way with two different females,but you wasn't with him before he had the baby with the other girls.We love each other very much,we been together going on 3months.

View more questions Search