Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    my2kidies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 07:33 PM
    9 mo suddenly will not sleep in his bed
    Hello, I have a 9 mo old and 3 weeks ago he got an ear infection. Since then he will not go to sleep in his bed at night. His ears are all better and he still want sleep. I've tried giving him Bendryl and he cried last night for an hour and half. The doctor says he is stubborn and wished me good luck. The Benedryl did'nt have any effect on him. When I go to lay him down he crabs me. As soon as I get him he goes right to sleep and then I let him sleep with me. He's been crying every night for a week.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
    No, you will not listen to him fuss long enough to go to sleep in his bed,

He has learned, he crys, he gets picked up and put in your bed.
    Wit and Itch Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2007, 07:55 PM
    It is very possible that he had a bad dream induced with pain of ear infection.
    Give him some time. First try to lie next to him in his bed until he falls asleep. He should forget his bad dreams in a couple of weeks. It will help if you read him a happy story, or sing him a song.
    Don't give him medicine unless you absolutely have to. Bananas are good before sleep.
    1badchoice Posts: 227, Reputation: 45

Jun 6, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Though I empathize with your being torn between your child's cries and having him sleep in your bed... you have to do something that is hard. Don't let him sleep with you. Even if he falls asleep when you hold him... put him in HIS bed. If he cries... comfort him briefly without taking him from his bed... and leave... keep lengthening the time between going in to comfort him. Be sure that there is some nightlight. It will be hard to go through but look at this as a week long endeavor. It hardly ever takes longer than this if you follow through. Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs in the world. This is just the beginning of decisions that are not easy but must be made for the child's benefit. He has just gotten used to sleeping with you... This is truly the optimum time to change his behavior. If not stopped now you could really be looking at years of him sleeping with you. Cathy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tempur-pedic or sleep number bed? [ 18 Answers ]

Do you have one of these beds? Which is the better one, and is in necessary to buy the foundation? Do they really help with back pain? Tell me anything you can about either one. Thanks

Cr-rw now suddenly cd-r [ 3 Answers ]

Am running windows xp and have been backing up data on cd-rw in E drive. Suddenly when trying to update, discs read write protected and read only. I cannot even read info on the discs now. Just installed nero and removed casio 5 which was not working to record on cd-r. can you help me and if...

Cr-rw now suddenly cd-r [ 1 Answers ]

Am running windows xp and have been backing up data on cd-rw in E drive. Suddenly when trying to update, discs read write protected and read only. I cannot even read info on the discs now. Just installed nero and uninstalled casio 5 which was not working to record on cd-r. can you help me and...

How Do I Put My 3 Year Old to Sleep When its Bed Time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I am Having Problems With My Three Year Old Daugter. She has always had Problems Sleeping... Which She Does Not Like To Sleep! But Since My twins were Born its Gotten Worse Then EVER!! I am trying to Break the Bad Habit , So my Twins won't fall in the same Trap! Please Help!! ...

Should l have my pup sleep in my bed? [ 4 Answers ]

Would we get more sleep if we allowed our pup to sleep in our bedroom? Im not sure which way we should go with this stick it out and let her keep sleeping in her crate in a separate room but then we wake up at 5:30am, or have her in our bedroom but keep her in her crate or just let her sleep with...

View more questions Search